C

ChiefSquishy

Enthusiast
I bought the Wavecrest Hvl-1 bookshelf speakers and a HSU stf-2 sub and I need a center channel that matches my bookshelfs. Does anyone know a center that goes well with the wavecrests and if I buy another Wavecrest and put it on its side as a center will that be ok and if it has 1 5-1/4 speaker for a center is that good most centers I see have at least 2 woofers then a tweeter

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I bought the Wavecrest Hvl-1 bookshelf speakers and a HSU stf-2 sub and I need a center channel that matches my bookshelfs. Does anyone know a center that goes well with the wavecrests and if I buy another Wavecrest and put it on its side as a center will that be ok and if it has 1 5-1/4 speaker for a center is that good most centers I see have at least 2 woofers then a tweeter
I recommend getting another HVL-1 and standing it upright if possible, but you can lay it on its side if absolutely necessary.

The problem with center channel speakers (MTM) is that they are designed to attempt to accommodate your arrangement. In essence, most purpose built center speakers are a compromise, not ideal. It is better to have identical speakers for your front left center and right channels arranged in the same fashion.

C

ChiefSquishy

Enthusiast
So 1 woofer vs 2 woofers in a center doesn't matter either?

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Chief, my experience is that dedicated center channel speakers normally aren't very well matched to the main speakers except perhaps cosmetically. This is so common that I really don't see that much point in worrying about buying matching units. The one way to get a truly matched center channel is to use the same speaker for all three front positions. Seth's answer makes a lot of sense to me and I would go that way assuming there is nothing preventing it.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My KEF R200C is perfectly matched to my KEF R500 main L-R speakers, sonically and cosmetically.

KEF does this with the R, Q and C lines of speakers, as do almost all major makes. I can't imagine any quality maker of loudspeaker systems wouldn't put the same level of matching into theirs. Can you point out any specific examples of a series which DOESN'T reasonably match them on all levels?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
My KEF R200C is perfectly matched to my KEF R500 main L-R speakers, sonically and cosmetically.

KEF does this with the R, Q and C lines of speakers, as do almost all major makes. I can't imagine any quality maker of loudspeaker systems wouldn't put the same level of matching into theirs. Can you point out any specific examples of a series which DOESN'T reasonably match them on all levels?
No feedback or hum with the turntable so close to the speakers?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis