Center channel speaker and a Plasma TV

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
New Panny 42" Plasma, huge center channel speaker that obviously will not mount on the TV. I have filled about 10 holes in the drywall trying to mount a glass shelf to the wall behind and just above the Plasma, pointing down with the attached kickstand....anyways, just wanted to know what others do with a plasma and their center channel speaker?? I have even tried putting the TV, in it's base, and on top of my center speaker. It works, but looks stupid. I have no kids to knock it off.

suggestions??

again, thanks

JC

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Center speaker

Over the TV is probably your best bet. If the speaker is over 10 lbs, you will probably need special drywall mounting hardware or to drill into a stud. It sounds like your shelf and/or wall aren't holding up to the weight.

You might consider temporarily locating the center on top of the TV, below the TV, etc. to determine which location sounds the best. Then you can find the appropriate stand of mounting hardware for that location.

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
what about a single speaker stand? I have some designed for center channels (designed as in shorter and single)

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
I always invisioned a plasma up on a wall... so I'd most likely put the center below the screen.
/shrug

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
hmmmm a single speaker stand you say?? Just got me thinking...maybe a stand that can hold the speaker and raise up above and behind the TV ???

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
I haven't seen a stand that would be tall enough to raise it behind the tv, but I don't see why not.

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
I've seen pix of a wall mount TV rack used for the CC.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis