ceiling back speakers or satellite side speakers in 5.1.2 ATMOS?

• Thread starter Mohammad Anabtawi
  • Start date
M

Mohammad Anabtawi

Audiophyte
Good evening

I am creating my own hometheater in my living room, I bought an onkyo 646 and the front speakers left, right, center, and subwoofer (q acoustics 2010i, 2000i, 2070i) , now I want to buy the rear surround speakers, i was thinking of buying the q7000i left and right rear speakers, but due to the narrow space in my room those speakers will be 90° to my right and left (they will not be behind my couch) some of my friends told me it's better to use a ceiling speakers for the back surround to gain the extra centimeters to make them behind me with 10 cm max, well for me i didnt find it logical to get the rear surround sound from the ceiling, especially that I have added in the middle of the ceiling the atmos speakers.

Please advice what do you think? Ceiling rear speakers or normal satellite speakers beside my couch in this situation?

J

johnpass

Audiophyte
Good evening

I am creating my own hometheater in my living room, I bought an onkyo 646 and the front speakers left, right, center, and subwoofer (q acoustics 2010i, 2000i, 2070i) , now I want to buy the rear surround speakers, i was thinking of buying the q7000i left and right rear speakers, but due to the narrow space in my room those speakers will be 90° to my right and left (they will not be behind my couch) some of my friends told me it's better to use a ceiling speakers for the back surround to gain the extra centimeters to make them behind me with 10 cm max, well for me i didnt find it logical to get the rear surround sound from the ceiling, especially that I have added in the middle of the ceiling the atmos speakers.

Please advice what do you think? Ceiling rear speakers or normal satellite speakers beside my couch in this situation?
Beside your couch. Surround speakers in a 5.1 setup are supposed to be side or a little behind, not to the rear. Also, you want separation between your surround and ceiling speakers for a better immersive effect. Surrounds in the ceiling would be detrimental to Atmos.

M

Mohammad Anabtawi

Audiophyte
Beside your couch. Surround speakers in a 5.1 setup are supposed to be side or a little behind, not to the rear. Also, you want separation between your surround and ceiling speakers for a better immersive effect. Surrounds in the ceiling would be detrimental to Atmos.
Thanks for your advice, I will work with it, as it make more sense :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis