CEDIA 2004 EXPO Coverage OFFICIAL THREAD

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Seems like you guys are gonna' have a ball! :)

Any chance you guys can check out Wharfedale, Quad, Acoustic Energy and Arye, if they have displays at this show? I'd love to read/see what's going on.

M

MrPorterhouse

Audioholic Intern
I know I'm in the minority, and maybe even the only one whos interested, but if you could snap one picture of the Cerwin - Vega booth and pick up a brochure when you walk by and maybe give a quick comment, it would be greatly appreciated by me.

Thank You in advance.

Last edited:
Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
Receiver with DVI

Great coverage!!!
What does it look like for new receiver with DVI? Will there be any in the 1k range? It dosent look like Yamaha has signed on with any as of yet... Thanks for the info!!!!

J

jbliz

Enthusiast
I hope you guys can make it over to the Samsung booth to check out the DLP's. Specifically, I'd really like to see some coverage on the 74 series (model #'s HLP4674W and HLP5674W). I've been waiting for these sets to be release since may, and the date just keeps getting pushed back and pushed back again.

Great coverage...

John

T

troytn

Audioholic Intern
Yamaha dvd 2500

Hawke,
I wonder what price point this new Yamaha dvd 2500 will be? With the current specs how do others see it compare to Denon's 3910. Feature for feature they look very close.
It may be awhile before anyone see's the Yamaha if they are unwilling to state price or release date.

Truely incredible Cedia coverage!!!!

B

BuddTX

Audioholic
Just to let yall at CEDIA know, I (and probably lots of other people) have been checking this forum several times a day for new posts!)

Have fun, see a lot, and soak it all up, we are all waiting to read your obversations.

Thanks,

U

Unregistered

Yamaha released a press release about the new 1500 at the last CES and it still IS not out(it might be finally now but I haven't seen on at the local dealers lately).

Does anyone know if Yamaha is releasing the so called RXV3500?

Does anyone know if Denon is going to release the AVR 4805?

T

thebeatles67

Audiophyte
Samsung and the "lost" tabletop HD2+ DLP sets

Would appreciate any news as soon as Samsung announces on the HD2+ chip in DLP sets in the table top versions--ie "74" series or when they truly expect the xHD3 chip- 1080p "97" series to be avail. Ask Samsung reps where the heck we're suppose to put our large center channel with the "Kirk" models--sorry im not building a shelf above the screen--no way. Many thanks.

Mike

T

troytn

Audioholic Intern
I was told that the Denon 4805 will debut at CES in Jan 05 and ship shortly after that. It will be a slightly trimmed down version of the current 5803A.

Troy

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Can we please get an answer from Denon on the Denon Link 3rd edition and the approval or abandonment of SACD?

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
mitch57 said:
Can we please get an answer from Denon on the Denon Link 3rd edition and the approval or abandonment of SACD?
I second that.

Regarding Denon 3rd Link. There is still an ongoing issue and the crux of the matter is that the SACD spec states that SACD can only be transmitted over IEEE 1394. Well, while all parties (Universal, Sony, etc) are fine with the idea of Denon Link 3rd Edition passing SACD, their are some legal issues (and tie ups) in getting the necessary approval to essentially "violate" a spec.

As such, the hangup is on the DVD player side - not the receivers (the newer models already fully support SACD over Denon Link 3rd). Jeff Talmadge from Denon is preparing a documetn for us that will address this in more detail - but for now SACD will need to go over analogue (or IEEE 1394 if you have a new AVR-5805 or other receiver with support for IEEE 1394).

U

Unregistered

Denon PRE/PRO

Could you ask Denon Jeff if they will ever offer a prepro based on the 58xx series,I sure there are thousands of people who would be interested in this!

T

TWinbrook46636

Audiophyte
Please take pictures of the McIntosh booth!

Please, please, please, please, please take some pictures of the McIntosh booth! They reportedly have a whole bunch of new stuff on display like the MX119 home theater preamp (a lite version of the MX135) as well as a HDD music storage system and a whole new line of speakers that can be either free standing or mounted in a wall. Thanks!!!

:(

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Hawke,

I'm still confused! I have a Denon 3805 and am considering purchasing a Denon 3910. Are you saying that if I purchase the 3910 it will support SACD through the Denon Link 3rd edition? Perhaps I should rephrase that.

I know that SACD is supported on the AVR 3805 and the DVR-3910, but will it work if I were to buy the DVR-3910 tomorrow? Or will I still have to wait for some approval to override the established spec?

U

Unregistered

your coverage is pretty exhaustive, specification-wise, but do you guys plan on putting live photos anytime soon?

U

Unregistered

HDMI receivers and 1080p tvs

I would love to see coverage on any HDMI capable receivers cheaper than Denon's $6000 beast. Also, any news on rear projection microdisplay 1080p displays being announced. Thanks!

U

Unregistered

marantz vp12s4

were you able to see the new marantz projector---any impressions vs the current s3?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis