D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Didn't catch much of it but there was a string of Challengers going through. There is a collection of about a dozen 2018-23 LOL.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Didn't catch much of it but there was a string of Challengers going through. There is a collection of about a dozen 2018-23 LOL.
So many cars, so little time. Even in attendance, you just can't see them all.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The last three Ferraris to cross the block, WOW ! I've never seen three cars back-to-back post those kind of $$$. I think two didn't even meet reserve at over 20 mil each !! :eek:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The last three Ferraris to cross the block, WOW ! I've never seen three cars back-to-back post those kind of $$$. I think two didn't even meet reserve at over 20 mil each !! :eek:
I know totally insane.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
While driving to SF early on the weekend I encountered for the first time a Pagani Huyara, noticeable by the quad central exhaust. MAN did it sound good when it accellerated.

New Ferrari

New Toyota

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
This is the way of the future!".
I guess they can be saying, 'This is the Way'. I think the way is going to be hybrid, you have gas and EV, but with more emphasis with more efficient gas.. But the EV side of these hybrids, needs more distance in my opinion.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I guess they can be saying, 'This is the Way'. I think the way is going to be hybrid, you have gas and EV, but with more emphasis with more efficient gas.. But the EV side of these hybrids, needs more distance in my opinion.
Most people who are not ready to buy EVs are going hybrid. My parents for example, just bought a RAV4 hybrid limited. Other friends of mine are indicating the same as well and I do see that as a good plan since things aren't really settled down yet standard wise. We already have one hybrid which we don't intend to get rid of.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I absolutely agree that hybrids are the best path at this time- they're more efficient and they have much better range since gas stations are everywhere, which works for more people than straight EV. The EV batteries are insanely expensive and recycling is difficult, expensive and not necessarily safe.

The tricky part is in finding an alternative to fossil fuels because their energy density is high, the cost isn't (not including punitive taxation) and there's still a lot of crude oil in the ground.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I absolutely agree that hybrids are the best path at this time- they're more efficient and they have much better range since gas stations are everywhere, which works for more people than straight EV. The EV batteries are insanely expensive and recycling is difficult, expensive and not necessarily safe.

The tricky part is in finding an alternative to fossil fuels because their energy density is high, the cost isn't (not including punitive taxation) and there's still a lot of crude oil in the ground.
Better hurry, or NASA had better figure out space travel extremely quickly.

highfigh

highfigh

Better hurry, or NASA had better figure out space travel extremely quickly.
I thought that was a private company.

However, NASA was responsible for the Mars Lander that came in kinda hot because someone used Kilometers rather than Miles for the parachute deployment. That fact is mind-boggling.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I thought that was a private company.

However, NASA was responsible for the Mars Lander that came in kinda hot because someone used Kilometers rather than Miles for the parachute deployment. That fact is mind-boggling.
A private company with former NASA engineers I imagine.

highfigh

highfigh

A private company with former NASA engineers I imagine.
Must have signed a No Compete Clause and were required to leave all sensitive documents behind.......

Or, maybe this is the reason they're former NASA engineers.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

But it really depends on which type of Hybrid a person chooses to fit their driving requirements.

A full hybrid electric vehicle (HEV)
A mild hybrid electric vehicle (MHEV)
or a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV)

Full Hybrid
Full hybrid vehicles typically have an internal combustion engine and electric motors to help them drive around town. Full hybrid vehicles can often run on the internal combustion engine alone, the electric motors alone, or a combination of both. There’s no way to plug in to charge a full hybrid vehicle and the electric motors often assist the internal combustion engine as you go on a drive. The most popular full hybrid vehicle you’ve probably heard of is the Toyota Prius.

Mild Hybrid
Mild hybrid vehicles are becoming more and more common as their driving experience is not much different from a standard vehicle. Mild hybrid vehicles have an electric motor and internal combustion engine that work together to get you through your drives.

The difference between mild hybrid vehicles and full hybrid vehicles is that mild hybrid vehicles can not run solely on either its internal combustion engine or its electric motors. One mild-hybrid vehicle you’ve probably heard of includes the RAM 1500.

Plug-In Hybrid
Finally, the last hybrid type are plug-in hybrids. Plug-in hybrid vehicles are similar to a full hybrid except they offer a larger battery. Because of the larger battery, you can often plug-in a plug-in hybrid, hence the name, and it’ll provide you with the ability to drive longer distances on pure electric power.

Plug-in hybrids are a great bridge between a vehicle with an internal combustion engine and a fully electric vehicle. They offer the possibility of driving on full-electric power without the worry of finding a charging station as it still has an internal combustion engine as a backup. Several plug-in hybrid models can range from a Jeep Wrangler 4xe to a BMW X5 xDrive45e.

highfigh

highfigh

But it really depends on which type of Hybrid a person chooses to fit their driving requirements.

A full hybrid electric vehicle (HEV)
A mild hybrid electric vehicle (MHEV)
or a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV)

Full Hybrid
Full hybrid vehicles typically have an internal combustion engine and electric motors to help them drive around town. Full hybrid vehicles can often run on the internal combustion engine alone, the electric motors alone, or a combination of both. There’s no way to plug in to charge a full hybrid vehicle and the electric motors often assist the internal combustion engine as you go on a drive. The most popular full hybrid vehicle you’ve probably heard of is the Toyota Prius.

Mild Hybrid
Mild hybrid vehicles are becoming more and more common as their driving experience is not much different from a standard vehicle. Mild hybrid vehicles have an electric motor and internal combustion engine that work together to get you through your drives.

The difference between mild hybrid vehicles and full hybrid vehicles is that mild hybrid vehicles can not run solely on either its internal combustion engine or its electric motors. One mild-hybrid vehicle you’ve probably heard of includes the RAM 1500.

Plug-In Hybrid
Finally, the last hybrid type are plug-in hybrids. Plug-in hybrid vehicles are similar to a full hybrid except they offer a larger battery. Because of the larger battery, you can often plug-in a plug-in hybrid, hence the name, and it’ll provide you with the ability to drive longer distances on pure electric power.

Plug-in hybrids are a great bridge between a vehicle with an internal combustion engine and a fully electric vehicle. They offer the possibility of driving on full-electric power without the worry of finding a charging station as it still has an internal combustion engine as a backup. Several plug-in hybrid models can range from a Jeep Wrangler 4xe to a BMW X5 xDrive45e.
Batteries are a problem, especially when they contain Lithium, so smaller batteries would be my choice, but not in a 12V system- even in a 48V system, lower voltages can be used for low-demand devices and accessories. The IC engine doesn't need to be large if cruising speed needs to be maintained. The power/torque from small engines and new transmissions make it possible to drive without noticing much difference between those and the old larger drive systems. I watched a video about a Mercedes with a 2.0 L engine that outputs 402HP. With a potent little electric motor/generator/starter and variable ratio transmission, the car can be lighter & smaller, or just lighter and same size as what's available now. I have to think short-trip delivery vehicles would be a great application for this. LPG and CNG vehicles are underutilized too, IMO.

I wouldn't want to be required to recharge during work or personal trips if it takes more than a few minutes- that's a waste of time unless they can cut it down to 1/2 hour, which is the length of breaks for many people. I wouldn't mind if I had to recharge at night but then, that's an added expense.

I still don't like the snail's pace the automakers have chosen for fuel economy. I think the Just Stop Oil people are completely ignorant of the reality but in the US (mostly), people want power, speed and large vehicles, rather than economy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
This guy, Steve Magnante. Show was cancelled, but his knowledge and detail I'm guessing is hard to come by. I'm on my second episode.
1705764742605.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis