Carl Sagan, Cosmos!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This is literally like finding the gold at the end of the rainbow :D

I watched this series ages ago when the series was recently made, and I never revisited this

I started today and my goodness, Carl Sagan was just the master, the way he presented things were second to none.
I'm watching episode 1, and maybe there's not so much I don't know..... but the facts and the way they are presented

Like biggest volcano on Mars, mount Olympus, the width of Arizona and three times taller than Mount Everest :eek:

And how Aristotanes 2200 years ago calculated the circumference of the Earth to be 40.000Km, the only tools: sticks, a plate, eyes, feet and brains, a correct answer within a margin of a few percent :p

Or how about this.... if the lifespan of the universe is compressed to one year, everything we know, everyone we ever heard of, everything that is written and recorded in any way.... occurs during the last 10 seconds of the year .....

Guys, you have to watch this, even if it's just to listen to the monumental music and Carl Sagan talking !

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Saw it in the past and saw the new one with his protege presenting it. It is most impressive history of these two men making contact, one as a young person and then Neil taking his place to continue.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
And how Aristotanes 2200 years ago calculated the circumference of the Earth to be 40.000Km, the only tools: sticks, a plate, eyes, feet and brains, a correct answer within a margin of a few percent :p
Do you mean Eratosthenes? :)

Recently, some archeologists have speculated he might also be the designer of the Antikythera Mechanism. Easily a Newton-Einstein class genius.

I also enjoyed Cosmos when it was originally aired.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
There are just as many atoms in a DNA molecule as there are stars in a typical galaxy :eek:
The number of possible combinations within a DNA molecule is greater than the number of atoms in the universe :eek:

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Go to Youtube and search for "Carl Sagan Auto Tune". There are some real gems in there too.

Yeah, nobody beats out CS! You probably didn't know this, he gets his powers from those awesome suits with the elbow patches :D

There was the original Cosmos. Then, maybe 10-15 years ago they redid the original series with updated animations. Now there is the new series which is pretty good too!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis