grizzlyman

grizzlyman

Audioholic Intern
I think you guys should open a forum for car audio to let people in hear talk about car audio. Because who wants to listen to their crappy stock car stereo than go home and listen to their home audio that sounds so great.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Well, probably because we're here for Home Theater, not car audio - we do entertain discussions on car audio from time to time (check your other thread), but I suspect the Administrators want to keep this forum from straying away from what it was intended to be. Car audio represents an entirely different world than Home Theater. ;) But then again, this is why there's also the General A/V Discussions thread so anyone can feel free to post on a wide variety of topics - computers, car audio, cable companies, etc., without changing the intent of the forum.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
A true Audioholic shouldn't limit themselves to the home.

+1 vote for I.C.E. section!

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
A true Audioholic shouldn't limit themselves to the home.

+1 vote for I.C.E. section!
I agree...A big portion of the guys I've talked to on hear (including myself) started out with car audio. I think if Audioholics had a car audio section on here then it would persuade a car audio fanatic to get into home audio. Which in turn could bring more revenue to Audioholics ;) Just a thought.

I remember the days of car audio...I had MB Quartz and JL Audio subs, and lots of amps :) Good times. If it weren't for car audio, I don't think I would be into Home Audio.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I do ICE for a living, but there's already way too many other audio forums targeted to cars, and once you open it up to that, you let in all the confusing people who don't know what they're talking about throwing wattage numbers everywhere that mean nothing. I think this forum does just fine as a HT forum. Same things happen when people ask me legal advice on my car forums, they always suggest a "Police info" or "how to get out of a ticket" forum. Just because it gets talked about a lot doesn't mean it needs its own place.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
I do ICE for a living, but there's already way too many other audio forums targeted to cars,
+1. I'm into car audio but already have enough car audio forums to wander between.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
what forums are you guys on?

I'm 'bikinpunk' on a few different ones.

I'm down for a car audio forum, but it doesn't matter. As said, there are plenty of others. Too bad there's only a couple good ones in regards to sound quality.

Edit: Holy crap, this thread was started in 2008. :eek:

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nemo totally necro'd this thread. Bad Nemo!
Hey I was practicing good forum etiquette, search before posting. :D

We have an HTPC section that has proved to be quite good, and there are probably more HTPC forums out there than car audio.

That logic (it exists, therefore don't do it) doesn't make sense. Good thing Audioholics didn't take that stance regarding an audio/video forum!

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
It would be nice if there was a car audio sub-forum. I'm sure that our a/v know-how has trickled down into our other hobbies; I can't imagine a forum full of audioholics driving with stock systems in their cars.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
This thread can be it:

Here's my car:

I need better pictures of my self-installed speaker setup, the ones I have were when the car was full of dust and half-way built.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Dude, I buy Techflex all the time! Even my home stereo rack the wires are tech-flex'd and heatshrinked to match. Love that stuff. I use a lot of the black with the white tracers too just like you have there.

Those Dynaudio drivers are sick too.

I have a pretty nice system in my truck, but kinda getting out-dated with all these new super-efficient amps and cool stuff out now. I'm thinking of building a really nice, super-efficient (for battery/weight sake), system for my little speed boat. Horn loaded speakers and subwoofers with little digi-amps like those new alpine marine ones.

As far as a car audio forum, I say go for it.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
My old build pictures for the interior:

New Headliner made

Rip seats down to bare nothing

Build racing seats onto stock brackets

[/IMG]

False floor sub box and amp rack assembled.
[/IMG]

Interior ripped apart and re-coated with new fabric
[/IMG]

New floor carpeting
[/IMG]

M

mhawker

Audioholic
I didn't do the install but here are the pics of my Civic.

HU- Kenwood DNX-8120
Front stage: SEAS Reference Midbass and Tweeter, Hybrid Audio L4 midrange
Subs: Exile Audio 10"
Amps: Zappco DC Reference 1000.4/ 650.6.

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
I didn't do the install but here are the pics of my Civic.
Who did do your setup? The clean installation and product choice leads me to believe that it was Bing from DIYMA (Simplicity In Sound).

M

mhawker

Audioholic
Who did do your setup? The clean installation and product choice leads me to believe that it was Bing from DIYMA (Simplicity In Sound).
You're correct. :) Although a friend/ installer and I did the dash pods.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I built your metal seat frames. You're welcome. :D
I just noticed this response. Did you really? I am pretty sure my Cr-v is Japan assembled, but those seat frames are awesome. a little cutting and bending and they mounted new seats in the stock positions easy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis