Canton Karat L800dc Towers

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I'll be moving in with my fiance this coming winter and am starting to pare down my belongings. I need to switch to some monitors. She was nice enough to say I could bring these super towers with me, but when I pressed her further she eventually said they looked hideous. Smiles. I've always secretly smirked at the waf but can appreciate it now.
Anyway. These are Canton Karat L800DC towers in silver satin lacquer. They are in decent shape, with a few minor nicks here and there. They are about three years old and I am the original owner. I do not have the orig. packing, and these speakers weigh 93 pounds each- hence THESE WOULD BE FOR LOCAL PICK UP ONLY!
These are the finest speakers I have ever owned. The fidelity is awesome. Deep bass, beautiful midrange, and crystal clear highs.
Here are links to Canton's site as well as a review.
http://www.canton.de/en-produktdetail-archiv-karatl800dc.htm
http://www.audioworld.com/news/ces2003/canton.l800dc.karat.tower.shtml
Here is the ebay listing-
Asking price is $1800 or best offer. I live in Wheaton, IL 60187. Will deliver a reasonable distance. Thanks and have a pleasant day. The center channel is also available.

Attachments

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'll be moving in with my fiance this coming winter and am starting to pare down my belongings. I need to switch to some monitors. She was nice enough to say I could bring these super towers with me, but when I pressed her further she eventually said they looked hideous. Smiles. I've always secretly smirked at the waf but can appreciate it now.
Anyway. These are Canton Karat L800DC towers in silver satin lacquer. They are in decent shape, with a few minor nicks here and there. They are about three years old and I am the original owner. I do not have the orig. packing, and these speakers weigh 93 pounds each- hence THESE WOULD BE FOR LOCAL PICK UP ONLY!
These are the finest speakers I have ever owned. The fidelity is awesome. Deep bass, beautiful midrange, and crystal clear highs.
Here are links to Canton's site as well as a review.
http://www.canton.de/en-produktdetail-archiv-karatl800dc.htm
http://www.audioworld.com/news/ces2003/canton.l800dc.karat.tower.shtml
Here is the ebay listing-
Asking price is $1800 or best offer. I live in Wheaton, IL 60187. Will deliver a reasonable distance. Thanks and have a pleasant day. The center channel is also available.
Oh so your trying to sucker the rest of us into making our wives made at us? :p

FYI Congrats on the engagement. Make sure you take a honeymoon with this money to one of her favorite places. It's very well worth it.:D

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
If you buy the speakers I will give you a letter stating these speakers will increase your ability to do those pesky household chores........

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
As of yesterday I am officially engaged. And these speakers are still for sale! As a bonus gift for our lucky contestant, I will throw in the matching Canton Karat Center channel that is as hefty and solid as the fronts..........

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats on the engagement! Swapping one type of Karats for another, eh? :p

I'd let me brother know about these, but he's also married. :)

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
She says I can keep them, but to be honest, I'm not digging on the silver lacquer like I did when I bought them. I might just paint them a different color. My airless sprayer does a nice enamel spray if you take the time to do it right...........
I was hoping to sell these and get some pretty monitors. Linn Tukans. B&W CDM. With a nice veneer. Drooling.
I'm running them full on two channel right now and they fill the room like nobodies business.
The room they'd be moving to is small. Real small.
Anyone watching I will throw in the matching center channel at this price.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
I'm not a big fan of the silver either but they look like great speakers..

I really wish I had the money

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
That rig would be hot with these...........

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
yeah, i'm kinda drooling for some new speakers. but I'm sooo broke right now..

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
yeah, i'm kinda drooling for some new speakers. but I'm sooo broke right now..
I hear ya, brother. This economy isn't ripe for a painting remodelling contractor right now. People's wallet's r closed tight just now..........

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
you still havent sold them? well, i'm even broker now.. how much were you asking? and you live so close to me to. i could pick them up lol i wish I had some money.. although i did have a decent month last month.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
My Canton's yearn for your Krell's caress. They are pining for some Krell amplification to do them justice. I have a 75 watt:eek::eek: Parasound running them now and it's a shame. A damn shame, really:(. Chris, you'd be doing us all a favor by buying these. Do it for Audioholics. Do it for your Country! America needs you, Chris! This could be your finest hour!!:D

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
My Canton's yearn for your Krell's caress. They are pining for some Krell amplification to do them justice. I have a 75 watt:eek::eek: Parasound running them now and it's a shame. A damn shame, really:(. Chris, you'd be doing us all a favor by buying these. Do it for Audioholics. Do it for your Country! America needs you, Chris! This could be your finest hour!!:D
I really do want them, its all about how my commission looks.. :) I will let you know.

also this could help us both.. I work at a nice upscale car dealer that is a mall in Barrington ;) wink wink (if you live in the area you will know who this is, I'm not sure if it is kosher to post the name here) if you know anyone looking for a BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, Porsche, or a Honda.. get me there info and i will be very good to them.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Kewl. I will get the word out to my well heeled acquaintances. ;)

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Chris!!! Damnit, get on ebay and sell some crap so you can buy David's speakers! David, make him an offer he can't refuse!

DJ

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Thanks, Reef. I have come down a bunch to sell these........if you factor in the center channel, I'm close to 50%!
The plan was to sell these and go active 2.0 for now............

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis