cant get zone B to play separate,Need tunes ASAP

J

Jonny Rotten

Junior Audioholic
Trying to get my outside speakers to play while mains are off.I hit zone b,outside speakers come on but mains stay on.How do I get zone b to play with mains off.Also is there a way to have music playing outside with tv on inside.
Yard Work day...I NEED MY TUNES Yamaha RX v673

p.s outside speakers are WAY lower in volume than mains

G

Guinness6

Junior Audioholic
Have you used the second zone before with A off?
You should be able to turn on Zone B separately through either the remote or front console?

J

Jonny Rotten

Junior Audioholic
Spoke to Yamaha,couldnt figure it out.I bought the unit from an A/V install guy.Theres a bit more going on with unit than I thought.Waiting to hear back from him

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Usually zone 2 needs a separate analogue feed. The red and white RCA connections.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Usually zone 2 needs a separate analogue feed. The red and white RCA connections.
Zone 2 needs to be hooked up with analogue, it won't work with hdmi. To adjust the outdoor volume turn on zone 2 on the front of the receiver. Next press "zone control" which is the button near zone 2 on the front of the receiver and you can control the zone 2 volume. If you press zone control again you can now adjust just the mains. If you want to watch TV inside and play music outside just press zone control and now change the source to tuner on zone 2 to listen to the radio and the mains will remain in TV mode.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
It is stated above how to turn on/off the zone 2 (not zone b) speakers.

Hopefully you are connected to the spring terminals on the far right side (when viewed from behind) of your receiver.

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/images/uploads/yamaha-rx-v673-av-receiver-rear.jpg

If you are connected to any other connection point on the receiver, like extra 5-way binding posts you aren't using, then you are not on the correct connection point. You must have the speakers on the spring terminals that are clearly labeled 'ZONE 2/PRESENCE'.

You must also, as stated above, have analog audio connections made to the receiver for any zone 2 sources. HDMI does not get translated over to zone 2 for audio. Only those red and white analog audio connection points.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis