Can I take the legs off the Onkyo 600

A

Ak2002

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanx to all those who responded to my previous post. &nbsp;I ordered the Onkyo TSR 600 and am dealing with a new problem.

The receiver does not fit into my entertainment armoire (read closed space when listening to music - open when watching a movie, closed at all other times). &nbsp;I have 3 options

1. Take the legs off (about 3/4 inches) and then it fits. &nbsp;However there are some ventilation like openings on the underside and I'm worried that by placing it on its bottom in the armoire may cause overheating. &nbsp;However the unit seems well ventilated from all sides

2. Keep it on top of the armoire - already using this space for my &quot;bulky&quot; Onkyo speakers (great sound though). This is what I'm doing currently and it is very ugly

3. Return the unit and get something else (looks like the Pioneer 811 may win after all) - really don't want to do this

Has anyone tried Option 1? &nbsp;Any reason I should not do it?? What should I watch for??? &nbsp;Any other options?

Thanx</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000000'>Venting holes on the bottom are usually there for a reason. Although you may have airspace all around, the airflow is generally set up to flow up from the bottom and out the top.

You don't see too many fans on receivers these days, most of the heat being disappated by heat sinks - so covering even some of the holes could result in a lessening of the life span of the unit.

Now real world results - I can't say, perhaps others have gotten away with this. I just wouldn't recommend it.

Can you move or adjust the shelves?</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis