Cambridge Audio Azur 651C

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Any thoughts on the Cambridge CD player. I have read many great things on the sound of these and can pick a used one up for cheap. It's really an open box so still has full warranty. Never owned any Cambridge parts but have listen to there integrated amps many times.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I heard the 650C and liked it. Always liked their integrateds too.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
All the reviews are very positive if sound is the most important aspect. Many have said that it's better than the Marantz CD6004 that I own. In fact I remember that my Emotiva ERC-2 sounded better than the Marantz but the disc drive noise was insane. I SOLD that unit...

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Can anyone tell me when only comparing CD playback will the Oppo 105 have any edge over this Cambridge? I would think not. Anyone?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For their other players, Cambridge uses Oppo internals, though they may use their own DACs. I wouldn't expect a "this is clearly better than the other" difference, but simply because I really like their players, I'd opt for the 105 personally.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Thanks. I'm leaning that way just for the purpose of being future proof as well. That and I can run all formats too.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The 651 is a sweet unit. It uses Twin Wolfson WM8742 DACs as compared to the OPPO 105 ESS9018 dacs. All you can do is listen and choose which one suits your music taste and ears.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Can anyone familiar with the filters answer a question. In the set up menu they read filter 1,2,3,4,5.. I am just trying to find out how to switch them from Linear, Min or Steep... Weird.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Can anyone familiar with the filters answer a question. In the set up menu they read filter 1,2,3,4,5.. I am just trying to find out how to switch them from Linear, Min or Steep... Weird.
Never mind. There was an update on the website about this..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis