Cambridge 650 BD No video over the HDMI

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
My unit was up and working like gangbusters since I got it back April-Mayish, and since, unplugging the HDMI from the back of it and plugging it into my PC, and back into the 650BD when I wanted to watch a movie, all I get is sound. I explained this to the dealer who thought I broke the HDCP link somehow. He suggested unplugging everything from power for 20 minutes, plugging it back in various orders.. I've tried every combination and it persists. Would you say the unit needs servicing or is there anything else you can think of that I may try? Is the weirdest thing that it would just stop working after unplugging the HDMI with the unit off and plugging it back in when I'm ready to use it. Would like to avoid sending it in if it is a simple fix.

The dealer swore up and down that if an HDMI device is working in your system, never unplug it or you run the risk of this happening. Is there any truth to this? Sounds kind of suspect.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
The dealer swore up and down that if an HDMI device is working in your system, never unplug it or you run the risk of this happening. Is there any truth to this? Sounds kind of suspect.
that's a load of poo

Anyway, I'd try a different cable as well as a different input on the receiver and/or television (as well as bypassing the receiver and going straight to the tv) if you haven't already.

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
Thanks, I have tried all those things. Was hoping there was a factory reset on the Blu-Ray unit, but alas I think I may have to send it in.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks, I have tried all those things. Was hoping there was a factory reset on the Blu-Ray unit, but alas I think I may have to send it in.
Basically the dealer has some truth in what he says.

HDMI connections are badly thought out and very easily damaged.

You should unplug HDMI connectors as little as possible. If you need to swap devices always use a switch.

Never unplug or plug and HDMI plug into a socket with either the transmitting or receiving units switched on. This can result in high spike back EMF voltages that will spell instant death to the HDMI board.

HDMI cables should be left alone and only disconnected for absolute necessity, like replacing units or taking them out for service.

One of the big problems with the HDMI connection is that it is far too small and there is no locking mechanism.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis