Cables.... is the price justified for the difference

S

seedybrick

Enthusiast
i don't get how bluejeans is really considered "cheaper"

they seem to be almost as expensive as monster?

i also don't get the "get bluejeans or monoprice" suggestion when bluejeans is like 20 times the cost of monoprice

if the suggestion is "bluejeans or monoprice" why would anyone EVER go for bluejeans???

jinjuku

jinjuku

i also don't get the "get bluejeans or monoprice" suggestion when bluejeans is like 20 times the cost of monoprice

if the suggestion is "bluejeans or monoprice" why would anyone EVER go for bluejeans???
I could not have said it better myself. While BJC is not as expensive at Monster and others. I have not seen enough of a quality differential over MonoPrice to go with BJC.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Hi,

I'm trying to get an interconnect cable and am quite abused by the "crap" sometimes said to justify incredible pricing....

where is the truth......

I just found a cable from MIT with a kind of magical electronic device to make this cable the most needed one....

I'm looking for a good interconnect cable without magic powder....

AQ King Cobra ? QED Qunex ? ..... others....

The truth is, almost any wire made for the purpose will do the job adequately. I like buying wires from www.partsexpress.com, and buy some of their less expensive wires (they will be happy to sell you overpriced wires, too, if you wish). From a quick look at monoprice, they seem to offer fine deals as well. Of course, if you abuse your wires by yanking on them in the middle to remove them from equipment, instead of grabbing them at the ends (not on the "wire" part) and twisting while pulling them, then you might need sturdier wires to handle your abuse.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Some are willing to get a Made in US cable? Doesn't BJ look better?

BJ certainly doesn't have predatory business practices like Monster, so Monster id despised by some;)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
After the 10,00000 thread of this exact nature,by very low number posters, it boggles the mind thinking that there are that many people pondering over cables,never fails that a mandatory mention of ultra high end cables are mentioned that you wont find at best buy.

Is it so far fetched that an internet direct cable manufacturer is below posting these threads in order to drum up business knowing that chances are they will be one of the companies recomended.

Im gonna be blunt.

I call shill on this one.

BTW,this guy was asking this same question 5 months ago,this must of been a very serious issue worthy of 5 months worth of comparisons,now after getting 8 responses to the thread it has become very clear to him, a snap decision & purchase has been made.

Shilling sucks,especially when its this obvious.

Last edited:
S

seedybrick

Enthusiast
not sure where you are seeing this

obvs i was the one that upped this thread....but i am not the original poster nor has he made a post since i posted my question

i'm def not affiliated with anyone....i'm quite a newb in terms of cables that aren't monster :confused:

care to answer my question?
assuming monoprice is almost as good as bluejeans.....why would anyone pay SO MUCH more for bluejeans?

ps - love your sig! :cool:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Because not ALL of monoprice's products are equal or better (IMHO). HDMI, no problem. Speaker wire, fine. RCA - I will go with Bluejeans.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Blue Jeans is a Belden Certified Assembler. They are one of a few that is makes cables of that high of quality. They are "broadcast quality" cabling, and if you need something that good, then you'll pay "near monster" prices.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
After the 10,00000 thread of this exact nature,by very low number posters, it boggles the mind thinking that there are that many people pondering over cables,never fails that a mandatory mention of ultra high end cables are mentioned that you wont find at best buy.

Is it so far fetched that an internet direct cable manufacturer is below posting these threads in order to drum up business knowing that chances are they will be one of the companies recomended.

Im gonna be blunt.

I call shill on this one.

BTW,this guy was asking this same question 5 months ago,this must of been a very serious issue worthy of 5 months worth of comparisons,now after getting 8 responses to the thread it has become very clear to him, a snap decision & purchase has been made.

Shilling sucks,especially when its this obvious.
The OP is a shill for BJC? I had to look up shill. :eek:

Brett A

Brett A

Audioholic
The OP is a shill for BJC? I had to look up shill. :eek:
The OP didn't mention BJC. the second one did.

the OP:
Hi,

I'm trying to get an interconnect cable and am quite abused by the "crap" sometimes said to justify incredible pricing....

where is the truth......

I just found a cable from MIT with a kind of magical electronic device to make this cable the most needed one....

I'm looking for a good interconnect cable without magic powder....

AQ King Cobra ? QED Qunex ? ..... others....
Still ,he could have been a troll.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
It's not really worth the argument because there are many low cost alternatives to high end cables. My choice would be www.signalcable.com but the aforementioned examples are all low cost alternatives to high end.

Mark
Polk Audio CS
Those cables look very nice. I especially like their tonearm cable because it's a lot cheaper than others out there and looks just as good. I think I will pick it up to rewire my Rega RB250.

D

dan001

Audioholic Intern
i went with everyones advice about bluejean cables..to say the least..not impressed..bought the best ones they had..picture was noticeably darker..then..i turned my av receiver sideways a bit to hook something up...i have a monster and a bluejean cable ..both same length..both plugged into receiver.....the housing came apart on the bluejean cable ..talk about poor build quality..monster cable was fine..dont let the emotiva /bluejean money that sponsers this site fool u..u get what u pay for..always buy the absolute best of what u can afford...cuz as we all know..if it sounds too good to be true...hello..it is..

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
i went with everyones advice about bluejean cables..to say the least..not impressed..bought the best ones they had..picture was noticeably darker..then..i turned my av receiver sideways a bit to hook something up...i have a monster and a bluejean cable ..both same length..both plugged into receiver.....the housing came apart on the bluejean cable ..talk about poor build quality..monster cable was fine..dont let the emotiva /bluejean money that sponsers this site fool u..u get what u pay for..always buy the absolute best of what u can afford...cuz as we all know..if it sounds too good to be true...hello..it is..
Did you call Blue Jeans about the problem?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I bet every once in a while even Toyota and Honda has a lemon?

B

biguns

Enthusiast
I could not have said it better myself. While BJC is not as expensive at Monster and others. I have not seen enough of a quality differential over MonoPrice to go with BJC.
I agree with this statement, although Blue Jeans is a higher build quality generally.

For speaker cables you can make your own identical to Blue Jeans for about 1/3 the price since the Belden cable they use is widely available. Interconnects are a little tricker for DIY but it is not that hard either.

D

Derelict

Audioholic Intern
I wasn't sure if this was worth replying to, with advice like "buy the best you can afford", seeing as the "best" can be interpreted in many ways, but I wanted to add my counter point.

I have 3 HDMI cables and one optical cable from bluejeans and not a single issue with any of them. On the other hand I have a monster HDMI/DVI cable hooked to my DVD player that goes completely dark/blank every once in a while. Back when I was using the original Xbox I purchased two sets of monster cable connectors for it, the first set didn't work at all from day one and on the second set one of the RCA connectors simply broke...it was only aesthetic and everything worked fine, but it certainly taught me that extra money in no way guarantees better quality. But I do have some monster RCA interconnects which work fine.

J

James 7

Audiophyte
Cables a lot of them are pure marketing hipe over priced and full of lies!.

Here is what I have used and works very well Canare Cable used mostly by Professional broadcast engineers and sound technicians.

Speaker Cable: Canare Star Quad 4S11
Audio Interconnect: Canare RCAP 75 Ohm
Video: Canare V-3CFB

"Canare manufactures the best in Pro Audio and Video Cable, 75 Ohm BNC, F and RCA Connectors, Patchbays, Cable Reels, Snake Systems, Assemblies, Crimp Tools and Cable Strippers. In 2004, we launched a full Optical Product Line for HD upgrades in the broadcast market. Professional broadcast engineers, sound technicians, A/V facility integrators, design consultants and many leading OEM's rely on Canare's product, proven reliability and top notch customer service.

K

kjatlanta

Audiophyte
HDMI Cables - Quality?

I am a novice and have read a lot of the threads on HDMI cables. I see that everyone seems to like BJC and monoprice best.

I purchased 3 - HDMI 2M (6 Feet) Super High Resolution Cable by DVI Gear on Amazon at a very inexpensive price. How do I know about quality differences in these cables versus the companies recommended on this site? My receiver only can handle 1.2a (Yamaha RX-V661). What characteristics would I be looking for for quality differences? Or does it matter?

Thanks for the advice...

I have a 47" Philips LCD Ambilight 2, Yamaha RX-V661, Sony Upconvert DVD, TIVO Series 3, Boston Acoustics Speakers, Harmony 880

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis