Cable/Receiver Issue

T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977

Audioholic Intern
I have the Yamaha RX-V667 receiver and Comcast cable box RNG110. When I switch from a 480p channel to a 1080p channel I lose the signal from my cable box. The eaiest way to fix this is to switch the receiver from HDMI1 to HDMI2 and back and then the channel comes in. Any one else have this issue or know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thank you,
T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977

Audioholic Intern
I have the Yamaha RX-V667 receiver and Comcast cable box RNG110. When I switch from a 480p channel to a 1080p channel I lose the signal from my cable box. The eaiest way to fix this is to switch the receiver from HDMI1 to HDMI2 and back and then the channel comes in. Any one else have this issue or know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thank you,
T0mmy1977
I connected the cable box directly to the TV and it still happens, so it's one of those two devices causing the issue. Comcast replaced the box and that didn't fix it either. The TV is a Samsung LN46C630.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Thank you,
T0mmy1977
No I don't have this setup with them but do you subscribe to HD channels?
What is Compost's answer if they have one other than guessing? The reason is that you are loosing what is called the security handshake that is required with the HD channels.
How long is the HDMI cable?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
There are no 1080p channels.

Comcast doesn't send 1080p. Neither does OTA.

The best you might get is 1080i, and that can go over component. My Comcast box does.

If you want 1090p, you need Blu-Ray vis HDMI

T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977

Audioholic Intern
I do subscribe to the HD channels.

The HDMI cable is 6'.

Comcast came out said they fixed it, but nada. I did a search on the RNG110 and see that people have similiar issues. Oh well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis