buying new setup and need some advice.

S

slreno

Audiophyte
buying some new equipment and wanting some advice on what i am thinking of buying..
i am buying an onkyo tx-nr616 avr because i cannot beat the features that comes with this for the price! 349.00 amazon.
i am wanting the 5th gen klipsch quintets (set of 5 sats) 279.00 amazon
i have been reading and reading on the sub woofer and think i have narrowed it down to either a klipsch rw-12d for 299.00 at newegg or a velodyne impact-10 or impact-12 for 299.00-329.00 at frys.
the room is a 16x24
i am assuming the quintets will give me crisp clear highs but i DO want a tight, strong, bass, i dont really like alot of the muddy thunder sounds. i dont like bass that sounds like it is all running together if that makes any sense.
what sub would you recomend out of those 3? and will this setup sound good?
currently i have a yamaha 5.1 rx-v471 and acoustimass 10 speakers. my next question is will the new setup i am buying sound much better than what i currently have?
thanks for the help
steve

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I would honestly keep what you have and just add the Klipsch sub {that sub for $299 is a real good deal, the sales dont last long but they come and go frequently}, then save up for a decent AVR {the 616 is at a4l for $299 refurbed, if you really like that one... Then get something for your speakers besides the Klipsch quintets {almost anything lol}, 5 Ascend acoustic 200se's would be a good choice... But I dont think besides the sub that the setup you chose will be any better than what you have...

C

cardude99

Enthusiast
I can not say much for the system but in my experience Onkyo receivers are terrible. I would advise you gravitate toward a different brand. I have not heard a single bad thing about Yamaha receivers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis