"Buttkicker", plus Sub- overkill or not ?????

B

bosox

Audiophyte
I took a tour of the back of an ,IMAX theater last weekend,amazing! The one screen had 1.5 tons of speakers, with 8 18-inch (SONIC) Subs, enclosed in fiberglass cabinets. Every seat also had a "Guitammer-Buttkicker" under it for that added thump!
My question is since the Buttkicker only costs $190, is it worthwhile to stick one behind my favorite chair, or is it overkill. And does anybody have one?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I took a tour of the back of an ,IMAX theater last weekend,amazing! The one screen had 1.5 tons of speakers, with 8 18-inch (SONIC) Subs, enclosed in fiberglass cabinets. Every seat also had a "Guitammer-Buttkicker" under it for that added thump!
My question is since the Buttkicker only costs $190, is it worthwhile to stick one behind my favorite chair, or is it overkill. And does anybody have one?
If you get the right sub you don't need buttkickers.

majorloser

majorloser

If you have a decent subwoofer you won't need a tactile transducer. If you want more direct impact you can add an HSU MBM-12 which is placed "near field" or another subwoofer near you seating position. But if your current sub is "beefy" enough and placed in best location, the room (and your butt) will have plenty of bass.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Show him what a real (IMAX theater) should look like Major.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The nice thing about tactile transducers is that they still give you the impact even when the sound level is low. It really does add to the experience. Is it really necessary? Probably not, but if you like it then that's all that matters.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis