brown Santa stopped by today

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
He came to my house, too, but I didn't get anything that nice! You must have been better than me this year. :D I got toilet paper. :eek:

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
He came to my house, too, but I didn't get anything that nice! You must have been better than me this year. :D I got toilet paper. :eek:
Tp? from UPS? Sounds like a crappy day.

Think I'll hook it up tomorrow.

Now the dilemma, to use the XPA5 or not?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now the dilemma, to use the XPA5 or not?
Oh, you know that you need to try it with and without. I mean, what forum do you think you're on? :) If you can't tell any difference, then you've got yourself an XPA5 to use somewhere else.

I can't complain too much about Santa. In addition to the Charmin Ultra (nothing but the best), I got a charging dock for my Move controllers. I must have done something right.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, you know that you need to try it with and without. I mean, what forum do you think you're on? :) If you can't tell any difference, then you've got yourself an XPA5 to use somewhere else.
I love it when other people do all the work...like moving amps in and out, rewiring everything, listening, evaluating and posting the results of all that labor.:D

It's a Denon 4810. I'd just hook it up and declare all's fine in the world today. But that's just me and I'm lazy.:p

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
;) Woed! I guess that I kinda forgot about that, as I haven't moved mine in a while. Those amps are back breakers, for sure.
For sure. I tested the XPA out last week when I received it and then put it back in the box. I've had an easier time with dead bodies and trunks.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure the Denon would power your speakers just fine, but having that nice amp will definitetly not hurt, expecially if you play your system in 5 ch. stereo at high volumes, then you really need the amp. Otherwise return or sell it and upgrade your sub or something else.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
I'm sure the Denon would power your speakers just fine, but having that nice amp will definitetly not hurt, expecially if you play your system in 5 ch. stereo at high volumes, then you really need the amp. Otherwise return or sell it and upgrade your sub or something else.
Nope, I keep. I play loud. Plus, external amps sound better to me. I know this will be argued, but it's just my opinion.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
excellent choice, I play loud too, and I love my Emo amp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis