Breaking in a plasma...

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
Hey guys, quick question. I searched a little bit but I have a question regarding the break in process of a plasma. I have heard to keep the contrast and brightness down to 50% or less and zoom the picture so that there is no 'bars' present for the first hundred hours, is that it? Is that really necessary? I am already doing it but I want to make sure. Thanks.

Update, the picture on this thing is amazing from my HD player. I watched transformers the other night and it was awesome even at 50% brightness/contrast. I only have it rigged up with RGB right now, awaiting my new big arse HDMIs.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You probably dont have to do it but most of us do just so we feel a little better about it.

The steps you have taken are fine; it's exactlt what I did for the 1st 100 hours.

Hey guys, quick question. I searched a little bit but I have a question regarding the break in process of a plasma. I have heard to keep the contrast and brightness down to 50% or less and zoom the picture so that there is no 'bars' present for the first hundred hours, is that it? Is that really necessary? I am already doing it but I want to make sure. Thanks.

Update, the picture on this thing is amazing from my HD player. I watched transformers the other night and it was awesome even at 50% brightness/contrast. I only have it rigged up with RGB right now, awaiting my new big arse HDMIs.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I never "broke in" my plasma.

I calibrated correctly using Avia and that was that.

H

Herr D

Junior Audioholic
That's correct. Also, normal people tend to put their contrast and brightness levels up too much anyway, because it gives a more "vibrant" picture. This is wrong. Medium settings on your contrast and brightness wil give a more lifelike picture, cause less strain for the eyes and prolongue the lifetime of your plasma.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis