Brand New M-Audio 10" BX Sub For Sale!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Bought this to augment the low end of my JBL 305's. However, once hooked up the apartment manager came running upstairs to inform me to turn it down. Have had dual sealed 15" subs with more power yet never a complaint. Buy this MX sub and all hell breaks loose. No need to get evicted! Was just going to send it back, but it cost way too much to do so. As such, looking for a more local sell. Willing to drive within a 30-miles radius from the 42420 zip code area to seal the deal.

The 10" BX sub plays very deep. It has both balanced and unbalanced inputs. Built in HP/LP filters at 24 db/octave! Even comes with a foot pedal that can easily turn the sub off. Asking ONLY $165 if the buyer comes and picks it up. If I have to drive to seal the deal, then I am asking $175. Have the original box and all supporting documentation. Warranty is transferable. Not a bad deal even at $175. If interested, then please send me a PM. Thanks!

upload_2017-4-5_7-1-6.png

upload_2017-4-5_7-1-41.png

upload_2017-4-5_7-2-6.png

upload_2017-4-5_7-2-35.png

upload_2017-4-5_7-3-30.png

upload_2017-4-5_7-4-33.png

upload_2017-4-5_7-5-10.png

upload_2017-4-5_7-5-33.png

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@speakerman39 You could try some sort of foam decoupler platform, like an Auralex SubDude (or perhaps a less expensive equivalent thereof). I bet that would let you play your sub at proper volume without the apartment manager complaining. If not, then at least Amazon lets you return stuff, so it'd be a low risk audition.
Have thought about that idea. Could do the same with Crutchfield as I do not have Prime. However, I am am more than fine with my 2-Channel setup and do NOT need this or any other sub whatsoever. Shipping to the West coast was almost half of what I gave for it. As such, just looking to upload it more locally.

It is boxed up and ready for a new home. This way, I do NOT have to deal with my apartment manager. Lets just say that is best for the both of us. Hopefully, it will go rather quickly. If not, then it will remain boxed up and collect dust. Either way, it makes me very little difference.

Have it placed on Craigslist as we speak. Been on there for almost 2-weeks now. Not much luck selling it there. So, thought that I would try here and on some other forums. Would be nice to have it out of my way. Maybe I will get lucky and get it done. Thanks!

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Subwoofer isolators will not help at all with that thing. It will be hitting its wheelhouse at around 60 to 70 Hz or higher. It is meant to emphasize mid bass. Isolators will not help. If you don't believe me, try to put it on a pillow and then bang some tunes as an experiment.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Subwoofer isolators will not help at all with that thing. It will be hitting its wheelhouse at around 60 to 70 Hz or higher. It is meant to emphasize mid bass. Isolators will not help. If you don't believe me, try to put it on a pillow and then bang some tunes as an experiment.
Did not really play it that much at all. Just long enough for the apartment manager to come running up stairs demanding I turn it down immediately. If I keep the sub, then I will NOT be able to play my JBL 305's very loud at all. It is just best to get rid of it so that I do not get evicted. However, I did notice that this sub does play deep for a 10" sub. Not exactly sure how low as I have no way of taking measurements. Still not a bad deal even at $175!

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I am sure the sub is fine. By the way, are you unloading all of your gear because it is pissing off your apt manager? Full range, high fidelity sound systems and apartments do not mix. The sound is so good you want to turn it up, but, of course, that is a nuisance to the neighbors. You might think about just getting some nice headphones.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am sure the sub is fine. By the way, are you unloading all of your gear because it is pissing off your apt manager? Full range, high fidelity sound systems and apartments do not mix. The sound is so good you want to turn it up, but, of course, that is a nuisance to the neighbors. You might think about just getting some nice headphones.
No, I have not uploaded all of my gear b/c of my apartment manger. My gear has been gone for a good while now. I use my JBL 305's for my desktop setup along with my Lexicon USB audio interface. Bought some Mo Pads and stands and the 305's sound very good. However, I have the 305's on my desk right now and the 305's do NOT sound near as good.

I have gone to 2-Channel in my main setup. Bought a set of B&W CM1's S1's and a Cambridge SR 20 receiver. Absolutely love the combination and no sub is needed. BTW, I already have a good set of JBL S500 headphones. But, I will be buying a set of BT headphones very soon. Just not really sure what to buy.

Really like the Bose SQ 35 noise cancelling BT headphones. The JBL Elite 300/Elite 700 also sound very good. The rest I heard recently not so much. Not going to spend $350 for the Bose so I am looking for something more affordable. Have any recommendations?

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Can't go wrong with JBL, RBH, or Sennheiser.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Can't go wrong with JBL, RBH, or Sennheiser.
Thanks Shady. I got to hear the JBL Elite 300/700 and the JBL 300/700 BT headphones at BB the other day. Really like them. The Bose QC35 are also very good. However, the Beats by Dr. Dre and/or the Sony Extra Bass headphones did not impress me at all. Never heard the RBH or the Sennheiser phones. Wonder how they would compare to the JBL S500 headphones that I do own? Or, even how they (RBH/Seinnheiser) would compare to the Bose QC35? That is what I have been trying to discern.

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
All new lowered price! Now, just $150 if the buyer comes and picks the sub up OR $165 if I drive to seal the deal. Either way, it must go as I need to make some room. Cabling is available if needed. Thanks!

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
BUMPER! ALL reasonable offer will be considered! Need it out of my way asap! Onlt have so much room in my widdle apartment. Just saying...............

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis