Bowers & Wilkins CM5 - not that great?

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Passive bi-amp, especially from the same AVR/same shared power supply, shouldn't do anything at all. Most of us have tried passive bi-amp using 2 different amps and it still didn't do anything at all.

Passive bi-amp is a total waste of time, regardless of theory.
I'm not even sure there's a theory.

N

n0rth

Audioholic Intern
I understand its a controversial issue but I got more DB on the receiver without distortion on the speakers. The only thing i could think of is that +18db is providing the same power as +15 in non-biamped mode? I was going purely off the numbers as my hearing perception starts cutting off around +9db and I dont really perceive an increase in volume but sharpness in my ear

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I understand its a controversial issue but I got more DB on the receiver without distortion on the speakers. The only thing i could think of is that +18db is providing the same power as +15 in non-biamped mode? I was going purely off the numbers as my hearing perception starts cutting off around +9db and I dont really perceive an increase in volume but sharpness in my ear
There's no controversy. Some people believe in magic, others don't ;)

Some else has to be off if there's a volume difference. Did you remove the jumpers before you bi-amped them?

M

michaeltrottar

Banned
Had to replay my protection video to see exactly how many chuckles, chortles, snorts, guffaws, and absolutely chokes on my ice cold tea I had I actually got after that one.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Bi-amp should not sound differently at all. If it sounds differently, then something is wrong - setup, volume, etc.

M

michaeltrottar

Banned
The bowers are excellent just not excellent and at 800 bux for the couple id like to prevent created in Chinese suppliers since I know it expenses a portion of that to generate them over there.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The bowers are excellent just not excellent and at 800 bux for the couple id like to prevent created in Chinese suppliers since I know it expenses a portion of that to generate them over there.
I looked back and noticed every single post is poorly rephrased, collection of words. have zero original content -
I am willing to bet these posts are A) automated (nuker or some another blackhat SEO tool) and b) A have no purpose other than viral promotion of the url in the user signature

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis