K

klipchzer12

Audioholic Intern
hey guys was up i was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Boston acoustic floorstand speakers? if so i would like to know if they are worth buying over the klipsch rf-63, or if there is any floorstand from Boston that can match to the klipsch?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
The last BA floorstander I heard was the VR2 and it was a great speaker. Klipsch has a brighter sound and some people either love it or hate it. If possible, listen to both yourself and let your ears decide.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
hey guys was up i was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Boston acoustic floorstand speakers? if so i would like to know if they are worth buying over the klipsch rf-63, or if there is any floorstand from Boston that can match to the klipsch?
Totally different speakers. Totally different sound. Are the Bostons worth buying over the Klipsch? My suggestion to you is to find a dealer that has the speakers you are considering. Take your favorite CD's, and DVD's and sit in front of each, and audition yourself. Your ears will make the decision for you.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I have the VR 2's and absolutely LOVE them. I am among the camp that doesn't like the harshness of Klipsch speakers. But the people that like Klipsch really seem to swear by them. So as has been advised, go listen to both of them and see which you like better.

Although that might be a bit hard to do since Boston has discontinued the VR line, and I haven't heard any of their new speakers. But let your own ears be the judge.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
I'd have to echo Mazer's comments here. The Boston Acoustics VR line is very different than Klipsch's Reference line, both solid performing speakers in their own right, both unique sonic signatures than each other.

Being a fan of the BA VR series, I would (obviously subjectively) lean more towards the BAs, particularly if your listening was either predominantly music or 50/50. If HT/movie soundtracks are most of what you'll be listening two, both are very adept at presenting a large soundstage and accurate imaging.

Both of these lines are also very efficient in that they'll take very little power to drive. I can say from owning the VR12, VR3s and Bravos, they all perform just as well at higher volumes as they do at low to moderate levels, no loss in clarity and imaging, just clean, powerful sound.

Unless your overly sensitive to higher frequencies, either of these will perform well for you. I would, however, suggest listening to them if you have the opportunity with the type of material you plan to use with them, whether it's movies, music or both... -TD

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
The VR series were quite good. The new Horizon series totally suck, however. Pretty hard to even believe the same company makes both!:eek:

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Just looking at the Horizon series gave me that impression, sad to hear they sound just as cheesy as they look.

While BA's CR series isn't bad for the money, I've always felt the best value they offer is the VR line. Not only are they relatively affordable, in comparison to their Reference line, I felt some of the VR line actually outperformed the VR-M Reference line in some cases.

I wish they built on the VR series instead of going in the mass market/mass production direction, but that may have changed after the D&M Holdings aquisition... -TD

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis