Bluetooth Headphones Advice Needed!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I am looking for a good set of BT over the ear headphones and could use some guidance. I really like the Bose QC 35, but do not want to spend that much on headphones. As such, looking for something a bit more affordable.

Was at BB recently and got to audition the JBL Everest 300/700 and/or the JBL Everest Elite 300/700. Honestly, not really even sure what the differences are, but I really liked the Everest 300 quite a bit. Unfortunately, was not able to directly compare the Everest 300 to the Bose QC 35.

Harmon has the refurbished JBL Everest 300 headphones for $105. Thus, the refurbished Elite 300 is $175. Am I better off getting the Elite 300? As mentioned, not really sure what is the differences between the Everest 300 and the Elite 300?

http://www.harmanaudio.com/wireless-headphones/EVEREST+300.html?dwvar_EVEREST 300_color=White-Z#prefn1=deviceCompatibility&prefn2=isRefurbished&prefv3=false&prefv1=Bluetooth&prefv2=true&prefn3=isSupport&start=1

http://www.harmanaudio.com/wireless-headphones/EVEREST+300+ELITE.html?dwvar_EVEREST 300 ELITE_color=White-Z#prefn1=deviceCompatibility&prefn2=isRefurbished&prefv3=false&prefv1=Bluetooth&prefv2=true&prefn3=isSupport&start=1

I am also looking at the RBH HP-1B BT headphones for $200. Here is a link:

http://rbhsound.com/hp1b.php

Have read good things about RBH, but honestly I have never heard them. Just curious as to how the HP-1B headphones would compare to the JBL Everest 300. Anyone here ever compared the two? Better yet, are there any other brands that I really need to take a closer look at before pulling the trigger?

Willing to spend up to $200 or so. Certainly not $350 as in the Bose QC 35. Perhaps, the JBL Everest 300 at $105 refurbished is my best bet, no? Feel free to offer some other brands/models that I need to consider. Thanks!

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Have you thought about the plantronics backbeat pro 2? They do have the noise cancellation & bluetooth as per the Bose set.

I didn't think the JBL everest had any noise cancellation (if that matters).
Not familiar w/Plantronics but will be sure to check them out. I am not sure if noise-cancelling is needed, but the Everest 300 sounded really good to me. The Elite 300/700 did not sound any better. Maybe in the right environment things would be different. But, at BB the Everest 300 sounded very good to me. Thanks for the recommendation as I will be sure to check them out.

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Was hoping someone here has heard both the JBL Everest 300 and /or the RBH HP-1B headphones. Guess not. So, it looks like the Everest 300 are the phones for me!

Phil

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have the RBH HP-1B BT headphones and really like them but I don't have much experience with headphones. That being said, I have found I am not in love with headphones except for while working out and then traditional headphones are too hot so I just use in-ears and don't spend a ton of money on them.

PM AcuDefTechGuy, he is a RBH dealer and has been known to get really good deals on items. I forgot he was a dealer so I paid full price for mine. I may even be willing to give mine up and they likely only have 12 hours of use on them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis