Blue Carlon Conduit by the Foot

A

Actran

Audioholic
I'm running my low voltage cabling from my TV to my media cabinet, but want to do so in flex conduit. I really like what I've read about the blue corrugated, flexible, Carlon conduit, but I need 1.5 to 2.0" diameters by the foot. The only place locally or online I can find that sells it by the foot (rather than 100' or 200' spools) is Platt.com. However, they don't sell the end nuts and wall boxes.

Does anyone know where I can find 15' of the tubing and the associated boxes \ terminating hardware?

Carlon's Product Line:
Carlon - ENT Details

S

Sgratien

Audioholic Intern
I know that homedepot sells carlon n/m conduit, boxes, etc. don't know if they sell conduit by the ft. I think 25' might be the smallest amt.

A

Actran

Audioholic
Some of them do carry it in 10' and 25' lengths, but the largest diameter I've seen in any of their retail locations or on their website is 1". I'm not sure I could squeeze my HDMI cord through that since the 1" is the outer diameter.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You need to run at least 1.25" conduit if you are setting up any video location. If you are running HDMI now, I would NOT run it in conduit unless you have to. Leave the conduit empty until you need it and run a few pieces of HDMI (if you can) and several pieces of CAT-6 cabling as well. This way you really are covered from the start.

Generally 'orange' is the color to indicate low voltage, and you can pick up orange low voltage conduit by the foot right here:
Ipex USA KPHxxxC Series. KwikPath Resi Raceway - HomeTech Solutions

The shipping is always a bit pricey, so you may (MAY) have better luck checking with a local electrical warehouse. If you are in the DC area, I keep 1.25" stuff around typically and could hook you up with 15' for cheap.

There isn't much in the way of 'boxes' for 1.25" stuff due to the size, but I typically wire-tie them in place near the box or to the box as necessary. Just so I can get to them later.

They do have a double gang new work box with a 2" conduit fitting on it:
OEM Systems OE-MR22 2 Gang Mud Ring, With 2 2 inch smurf conduit - HomeTech Solutions

They also have plenty of other connectors on their site. Not always the best pricing, but they have a pretty deep selection available.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis