C

Cozmo

Audioholic
I'm considering the upcoming Emotiva LMC-2. With this pre/pro does it make sense to get the Panny BD-30 at a reduced cost when the BD-50 is released or get the BD-50? I will not need the player to perform the decoding with the LMC-2 and I really don't care about PIP commentary, etc.. What do you guys think?

H

Hdude

Audioholic Intern
I am using Panny BD-30 since I also don't need player to do any decoding.
Panny can Bitstream to pre-amp. Those were the reasons I opted for it.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
I am using Panny BD-30 since I also don't need player to do any decoding.
Panny can Bitstream to pre-amp. Those were the reasons I opted for it.
Thanks, Hdude. That's kinda what I was thinking, but I'm not sure if there would be any other advantages with the BD-50 with the exception of the PIP commentary, etc. which I don't care about.

dobyblue

dobyblue

Senior Audioholic
Thanks, Hdude. That's kinda what I was thinking, but I'm not sure if there would be any other advantages with the BD-50 with the exception of the PIP commentary, etc. which I don't care about.
All the PIP commentary and audio mixing will be perfectly fine on the DMP-BD30.

It's only additional internet features that you would miss out on other than the decoding.

The DMP-BD30 has secondary audio and video decoders for any PIP features.

H

Hdude

Audioholic Intern
All the PIP commentary and audio mixing will be perfectly fine on the DMP-BD30.

It's only additional internet features that you would miss out on other than the decoding.

The DMP-BD30 has secondary audio and video decoders for any PIP features.
dobyblue
He is looking for his preamp to do the decoding, my understanding is if preamp is doing all the decoding you cannot use secondary audio and video decoders of the player. Atleast that is the way my setup is.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis