Blu-ray Digital Copy Questions

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I have a handful of Blu-ray disks that have digital copy versions. I just did a quick search and I get the impression I might need iTunes to play these? I hate iTunes and that would be a deal breaker for me :mad:

So my questions are:

1) What pre-requisite software do I need?
2) Do I need the actual disk in the drive when I play the movie?
3) Can the movie files be copied and played off a portable hard drive to PC? I realize the digital copy version can only be played and is tied to a single computer.

Thanks for the help!

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I only have a little experience with the digital copies. You do not have to use iTunes unless you want to put the movie on an apple player. I believe you are given two options when you put the digital copy disc into your computer, at least that is what I've had so far. If you don't like iTunes, just choose the PC version. I think it will show up as a .wmv file for pc. As long as the player you are using is compatible with that format, you should be fine and not need any extra software. You don't need the disc in the computer once you transfer it to the hard drive. I haven't tried playing off an external drive, but I'm sure there is a way to do it. I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My issue with the included digital copies is the simple fact that they are standard definition :mad:

I haven't tried it to an external drive either. My system took a dump not too long ago too, so now I need to figure out if I can or will be able to use those again? Something to consider.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis