Blown 12" home speakers

G

<font color='#000000'>few days ago played my home receiver (pioneer VSX-3800: 390w, 8~16 ohms/speaker) too loud. &nbsp;Was playing some rave mp3 song from pc. &nbsp; Sounded great but when song was finished so were my speakers! (Pioneer CS-G303: 120w, 6ohm, 35-20kHz) The only 12&quot; speakers I can find to replace my blown ones are 12&quot; car audio speakers... Can I use these? Is there anything special I have to rig up for it to work? &nbsp;Need HELP!!! Gaming just has not been the same without the bass!

Computers I know... Speakers/stereos I don't!</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
lost : <font color='#000000'>few days ago played my home receiver (pioneer VSX-3800: 390w, 8~16 ohms/speaker) too loud. &nbsp;Was playing some rave mp3 song from pc. &nbsp; Sounded great but when song was finished so were my speakers! (Pioneer CS-G303: 120w, 6ohm, 35-20kHz) The only 12&quot; speakers I can find to replace my blown ones are 12&quot; car audio speakers... Can I use these? Is there anything special I have to rig up for it to work? &nbsp;Need HELP!!! Gaming just has not been the same without the bass!

Computers I know... Speakers/stereos I don't!</font>
<font color='#0000FF'>Pioneer speakers are commonly available on the net and you wont have any difficulty in finding the drivers. If you like bass why dont you build yourself a sub. it is easy to do with proper Pioneer 15&quot; woofers.

Try Parts Express at http://www.partsexpress.com/

Don't use the car audio speaker for your home audio.</font>

D

Dick Hertz

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I second the Parts Express recommendation. They have Pioneer woofers so you might even find an exact replacement.</font>

B

ballhwi

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>In addition to parts express you can try www.madisound.com if you don't see what you want/need, call them and ask for Larry............... &nbsp;
&nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
N

newroom123

Audiophyte
Car speakers

What would the ramifications of using car speakers for home audio for both the speakers and amplifier?

:confused:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis