BIG Mits PJ price drop!

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Wow! I see the the Mitsubishi HD1000U is now priced well under $1k (actually, it's $899 right now at Projector People), with the '3000 coming in just under $1,300!:eek: Man, that's a helluva lotta PJ for not much money. It's getting hard to justify keeping my Optoma H31 much longer!:D

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic
The price dropped since last year. Some people managed to get a free lamp too. I like to see this projector reviewed here, as it is one of the two best-selling projectors. The other one is the Optoma HD70, which I have. I paid 1k, but it came with a free screen.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I'm strongly considering an HD70, as I have an H31 and love it, and the '70 would bolt up to the same mount. But according to the many reviews I've read, the Mits is a better PJ, especially with regards to black levels and out-of-the-box color accuracy. My high regard for Optoma, coupled with the fact that the HD70 was $500 cheaper, was why I was leaning towards the '70. But at $899 I might give the '1000U a shot.

BTW, I really really love the remote w/my H31, which is nearly identical to the new HD70 remote (except for color). I especially dig the way the backlighting fades out slowly- very cool.:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis