BIC America F12 vs BIC America V-1220

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would get the BIC Acoustitech H-100 subwoofer, which is essentially a HSU Research subwoofer.

You can call or email Sound Distributors.

The final delivered price on the H-100 is $219.

The newer and improved PL-200 is $279 delivered.

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
thanks for the post, can you tell me where i can get if for those prices I am not seeing it for that cheap

thanks again

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
http://www.sounddistributors.com/productlist.asp?searchprod=&searchtxt=H-100

Call the 800-691-6914 number and tell him other people are getting it @ $219 delivered price.

He will sell you the H-100 for $219 delivered.
DO NOT BUY THE H100 -- Read Below.

Eric Winston at Sound Distributors dot com (A Friend of Mine) will deliver the PL-200 for $279 to your doorstep. DO NOT go with the weak H100 as it is only 90db at 30Hz., and is only 150W RMS vs. the 250W RMS on the PL-200 Model, and therefore per my multiple Mfg./Model subwoofer analysis is EXCLUDED.

Spend the extra $ and get the PL-200, of which will produce 110db at 30Hz. -- Certainly worth the extra small change.

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
I put a request for $279 via the website i will see what they come back with

thanks again.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I put a request for $279 via the website i will see what they come back with

thanks again.
I agree with DenPureSound; the PL-200 is worth the $60 upgrade from the H-100.

DenPureSound and I may also be buying that PL-200 for $279.

I was planning on mating the PL-200 with my Infinity P362s.

You can get it for $279 for sure, as in 100%.:D

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
Eric emailed me and agreed on the $279 with shipping.

Thanks again for your help!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Eric emailed me and agreed on the $279 with shipping.

Thanks again for your help!
I just love it when things work out!!!:D

Since you'll be getting it before DenPureSound and I, please give us your impression/review when you get it hooked up.:D

That thing weighs like 52lbs? That is pretty heavy duty for a budget subwoofer. I think my $1,200 Rythmik sub is like 90lbs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I could not wait.

I just ordered the PL-200 sub.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just ordered the PL-200 sub, also. See what you did now ADTG, you made me spend more $$$... ;)
Don't listen to him, folks!

It's the OTHER way around!

First, he brainwashed me into buying a bunch of Acoustics Research Master Series interconnects.:eek:

It's not like I don't already have enough cables to open up a cable shop!!!

Then he brainwashed me again into buying the PL-200!!!:eek:

He is relentless, I tell you!!!

I might as well blame him for buying the Orions, Salon2s, and KEF 201/2s!!!:eek:

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Don't listen to him, folks!

It's the OTHER way around!

First, he brainwashed me into buying a bunch of Acoustics Research Master Series interconnects.:eek:

It's not like I don't already have enough cables to open up a cable shop!!!

Then he brainwashed me again into buying the PL-200!!!:eek:

He is relentless, I tell you!!!

I might as well blame him for buying the Orions, Salon2s, and KEF 201/2s!!!:eek:
No way Jose -- :D

Now he wants me to buy New Fronts for Music -- more money.

Heck when I look at ADTG's setup he has more in Amps, AVR's, SACD/DVD-A Players, Big $ Speakers, Subs, Cables than I have in the price I paid for my House!!

Now finally he got some good AR Cables (That he had to try out) and a new PL-200 coming soon!! :)

Now I need to convince him to buy a very nice pair of Sennheiser RS-180 Wireless headphones, and garage sale the old Koss's !!

P

Prizefighter

Junior Audioholic
Denspure/ACUdeftech- What are your impressions of the PL-200? I need something to tie me over until next yr when I can get my SVS sub (sb12 or pb 12 or sb 13, depending on the bonus :D)
I'm working with a yamaha yst-sw315. Is it even worth for me to upgrade?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Denspure/ACUdeftech- What are your impressions of the PL-200? I need something to tie me over until next yr when I can get my SVS sub (sb12 or pb 12 or sb 13, depending on the bonus :D)
I'm working with a yamaha yst-sw315. Is it even worth for me to upgrade?
I was just on the phone with DenPureSound.

He has no internet access for 1 week!:eek:

We both think the PL200 is a great sub!

The bass seems very tight, not boomy or muddy.

The bass seems quite powerful. In my 18' x 20' x 10'H open-3-side family room, it shakes the walls just fine.

It is a HUGE improvement for my Infinity P362 towers!

I think it would be a huge improvement for any speaker out there!

The manual and labeling on the back of the sub is confusing, though.

For example, the "Crossover Out" means the internal sub crossover is Bypassed. The "Crossover In" means the internal sub crossover is active.

Performance wise, I think the PL200 is a great sub.

I highly recommend the PL200 sub.

I think the Infinity P360s are revolutionary because they cost $400/pr and sound so accurate and great.

I now think the BIC PL200 is revolutionary because it cost $279ea and sound so tight and great.

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
The PL-200 looks kind of peaky D:

Courtesy of Ricci:

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
I am using a Yamaha RX-V667 which has a sub out with a crossover, should I disable the crossover in the Sub?

I finally started hooking up my friends stereo for him we opened up the sub last night and wow that thing looks sharp, it also sounded great.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I just ordered the PL-200 sub, also. See what you did now ADTG, you made me spend more $$$... ;)

At $279 for those specs [emphasis added] how can one go wrong? :cool:

What are you talking about? The specifications are terrible. There is no specified tolerance for the frequency response (i.e., +/-X dB, where "X" is some number). So, you can bet that the frequency response of 22Hz - 200Hz is not +/-3 dB because that would be worth stating, and could be +/-10dB or +/-20dB or +/- any other amount of dB. In other words, that 22Hz could be so soft that it is completely inaudible, and their claimed specifications could still be true. In other words, the specifications are absolutely, positively terrible.

Without specifying a tolerance, a frequency response range is essentially meaningless.

Here are some measurements of that subwoofer:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1350479

It is not very good at all, though to be fair, I don't know of any good subwoofers for so small a price. It might be better than other subwoofers at its price, but it isn't very good in absolute terms.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I am using a Yamaha RX-V667 which has a sub out with a crossover, should I disable the crossover in the Sub?
Yes. Use the crossover in the receiver, and, if possible, bypass the crossover in the subwoofer. (In cases where one cannot bypass the crossover in the subwoofer, one should [on the subwoofer itself, not the receiver] turn the subwoofer crossover point all the way up, to keep it from affecting things significantly at the crossover point selected in the receiver.)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Dear OP, yes could go ahead and by any of the subs mentioned above... fast-forward year or two - you realize - it's not that great. You go ahead and buy good sub (imo they start at about $500) - at this point any money you spent on the first sub is fully or partially (if you manage to sell it) wasted

My advice, save the money and get proper sub:
ether Rythmic FV12 or HSU VTF-2 MK3
both on sale currently for about 500 + shipping

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis