Best Way To Connect System

B

buckeye88us

Audiophyte
Hi All,

I'm putting together my home office / listening room sound system. This system will only be used for listening to music. Would greatly appreciate your input on the best way to connect these componets up to get the best sound possible.

Here is what I have:

* 2012 iMac
* Onkyo 7.1 HT System
* KRK Rokit8G2 (2 each)
* Audioengine D1 DAC

Is it possible to connect the KRK's to the iMac and have them work seamlessly with the Onkyo system or are there better ways to connect this system up?

Thanks!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You cannot comect those powered monitors to the Onkyo.

There is no room there for the Onkyo 7.1 system. It is superfluous and should be looked upon as a standalone system.

You could probably connect the mac to the dac, and the dac to either the powered speakers or the Onkyo system.

Gut, with "Y" connectors on the output of the DAC, you could peobably connect the DAC to both the Onkyo (aux input) and the powered speakers..

B

buckeye88us

Audiophyte
You cannot comect those powered monitors to the Onkyo.

There is no room there for the Onkyo 7.1 system. It is superfluous and should be looked upon as a standalone system.

You could probably connect the mac to the dac, and the dac to either the powered speakers or the Onkyo system.

Gut, with "Y" connectors on the output of the DAC, you could peobably connect the DAC to both the Onkyo (aux input) and the powered speakers..

Thanks so much for your reply!

Would you consider this a decent system?
What would you add/subsitute to make it better?

Thanks!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
"Decent" is relative to ones needs, wants, and expectations. If it suits your needs and you like the end result, then it's a decent system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis