Best way to clean this...

jplinville

jplinville

Audioholic Intern
Old Kenwood 50 FM stereo. I'm getting a hum on the low range, and little to no bass. Inputs are heavy on one side, but weak on the other. Caps look good, no leaking, no bulging. Not sure what's causing the hum, maybe it needs a heavy cleaning.

Many years of dust and such has accumulated on the inside. I've taken compressed air to it, but there's still a good amount there that needs cleaned.

What product is good for cleaning this? Will MAF cleaner from an autoparts store work?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Old Kenwood 50 FM stereo. I'm getting a hum on the low range, and little to no bass. Inputs are heavy on one side, but weak on the other. Caps look good, no leaking, no bulging. Not sure what's causing the hum, maybe it needs a heavy cleaning.

Many years of dust and such has accumulated on the inside. I've taken compressed air to it, but there's still a good amount there that needs cleaned.

What product is good for cleaning this? Will MAF cleaner from an autoparts store work?
Deoxit should help. Does it have a balance knob? That might need cleaning or be the problem.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
MAF cleaner might be a little harsh for that. You may want to try electronic contact cleaner instead.

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
Try Techspray Blue Shower II. It has an ethanol content, so don't go crazy on the pc boards.

jplinville

jplinville

Audioholic Intern
Deoxit should help. Does it have a balance knob? That might need cleaning or be the problem.
It has two part knobs...center and ring are adjustable, but work together.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll give it a shot.

M

MasterBruce

Audiophyte
Got to know a worthful information. I was unable to setup the receiver in a proper way but now issue is fixed.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis