Best upcoming SciFi movie? Ever?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
or a typical hollywood sfx galore with empty and weak story?

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Another bat$hi!t crazy Luc Besson movie? Sign me up. The trailer looks awesome.

Jim

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Saw the trailer. Maybe I'll check it out. Maybe. Don't think it's on my list of "Best" for anything. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep, looks very interesting. will see it or just buy it for a leisurely viewing at home.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Good catch Buck. Paul and Ringo are not in habit of giving permission for using their music in movie trailers. Quite the opposite of it in fact. They must think greatly of this movie

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Regrettably, I watched this movie tonight. Redbox ripped me off. Worst movie I've seen in years. Awful acting, terrible script. Just yuck.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Regrettably, I watched this movie tonight. Redbox ripped me off. Worst movie I've seen in years. Awful acting, terrible script. Just yuck.
Ok, so Valerian script was a bit weak, but movie compensates by mountains of VFX and does it really well.
Calling it worst movie you've seen in years, means you don't watch many movies at all.
Here are few examples which could expand your movie vocabulary as to what "Worst movie I've seen in years" really means. Enjoy.
and the last one to really hammer the nail - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299930/reference

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, so Valerian script was a bit weak, but movie compensates by mountains of VFX and does it really well.
Calling it worst movie you've seen in years, means you don't watch many movies at all.
Here are few examples which could expand your movie vocabulary as to what "Worst movie I've seen in years" really means. Enjoy.
and the last one to really hammer the nail - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299930/reference
BSA
That's a stinky list for sure. I agree, the more movies you get to see, the more perspective you get for what's merely not so good verses really, really bad.

Some movies can be pretty awful in most respects but because of some "quality" they possess, they can still be fun to watch. The Sharknado films are in that category for me. I have seen pieces of a couple of them while in restaurants. They were fun to watch because they were pretty awful. They were enjoyed by a lot of folks because they made money and I think they are making more. To each his own I guess.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, if you understand that creators of crappy movie intended it to be B movie full of toilet humor and cliches,then out of this list Epic movie isn't that terrible.
Same thing but much more classy is famously terribly rated "Ishtar", which I think is vastly misunderstood and underrated.
So, I do get your point, but it seriously irks me then people throw around absolutes like"worst ever" without meaning it.
Yes, each to their own, but don't be quick to judge. I personally felt that in more than few ways recent Thor Rangarock was actually worse movie than Valerian.

Watching the movie one should realize that Valerian is based on french comic books, which predate Star wars by a Decade!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valérian_and_Laureline

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Me thinks you protest too much, friend. My subjective review was caveated by saying it was the worst movie I've seen, and that it is. I see few movies and this was the worst. As you've pointed out, there may worse. I just haven't seen them. Subtle but important distinction. I can't imagine why it would irk you.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I remember looking at in the day it was on sale and put it down. I will have to look for it. How does it compare to Ghost in a Shell?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
All of the reviews, friends and critics said this one was bad.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I waited a long time before I watched it. I really enjoyed The 5th Element which he also directed. No chemistry between actors, poor acting ruined the movie for me. It did have excellent visuals and soundtrack.

Doesn't mean you won't like it, I guess I offended some people with my John Carter comparison, oh well :(

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Again with the absolutes. Is it truly ALL of the reviews and ALL of the critics said this one is bad?
https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-2017
Yes, I am not arguing this movie had a somewhat weaker movie plot, acting wasn't all that great, but if you life SciFi - it wasn't that bad. Some even liked it. I guess I am partially biased since I've watched Valerian (animates) TV series from the late 90s.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis