Best universal player for my setup?

E

enrique

Full Audioholic
I would like to know which player panasonic s77/97s,rotel rdv1080 or marantz dv6500 would be my best choice.I will be using it via component only due to my display only having component connects.I'm also interested in dvd-a/sacd as well as PQ which is why i'm narrowing it down to the universal players.I do realize that the rotel and panasonic are dvd-a only.My system consists of rotel rsx1056 and b&w speakers.Thanks

B

blackdeuce

Audiophyte
Universal Players

I'm not familiar with the models that you mentioned, but I have Pioneer Elite DV-45A that works very well. It has SACD as well as DVD-A. I think I paid around $450 for mine.

T

thebeatles68

Audiophyte
My 2 cents--find a Denon 2900--they can be had easily now for aro $400-450. Old news but......The new model that replaced it is the 3910 NOT the 2910. Better sound from the 2900 and the 3910 than the 2910 as they have better DACs. Use the balance of your money and go wild buying DVDAs and SACDs--enjoy.

Mike

M

Mega2000

Audioholic
does the denon 2900 play DVD+R disks? in the specs i read for it i just see DVD-R listed

T

thebeatles68

Audiophyte
My Denon 2900 is picky about DVD-Rs. I started using good media (made in Japan mfd by T Yuden) and it helped. But for 6 channel analog playback on SACD and DVDA--its great. These decks are well constructed--not perfect but a bargain at $400 or so.

Bob R

Bob R

Enthusiast
Not the best perhaps, but I have both a Pioneer 563A ($125) and a 578A ($40 open box at BB).

The 578A plays everything flawlessly and the 563A is now on my Mits 48513 WS HDTV and displays prog scan DVD's without a hitch. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis