Best Time to Buy a New TV?

R

rich p

Audiophyte
I am ready to upgrade to a Panasonic GT 50 or Sony HX 850. I have been monitoring prices for about 4 months and there has been little change. I was told that pricing on the good stuff is usually pretty stable - is this true? Not that I am going to get in line on Black Friday but do you think the price will drop much for the holidays? I do have a working tv but am dying to upgrade since my old Sony XBR circa 2001 does not give me 3d or 1080p. I have already upgraded my AV receiver and blue ray. Thanks.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
There is this thing called Cyber Monday. Most of the same black friday sales on-line the following monday. Try Slickdeals.net.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, Cyber Monday or after Christmas tend to be the best TV deals.

audiovideoking

Audiophyte
I am ready to upgrade to a Panasonic GT 50 or Sony HX 850. I have been monitoring prices for about 4 months and there has been little change. I was told that pricing on the good stuff is usually pretty stable - is this true? Not that I am going to get in line on Black Friday but do you think the price will drop much for the holidays? I do have a working tv but am dying to upgrade since my old Sony XBR circa 2001 does not give me 3d or 1080p. I have already upgraded my AV receiver and blue ray. Thanks.

best time to buy new tv on Christmas,

price drop on christmas... :)

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I have always found good sales going on the day after christmas especially for TV's.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I have always found good sales going on the day after christmas especially for TV's.
Good point. Another good time is the week after the superbowl, if you don't mind getting one that is slightly used.

V

VenomXt

Audiophyte
Try New egg out they have lots of options and you can save one sales tax still. Damn you amazon making Texans pay!

Id be interested in knowing what you go for i need to buy one too in your price range but haven't started looking into it to much yet.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Try New egg out they have lots of options and you can save one sales tax still. Damn you amazon making Texans pay!
Amazon didn't make you pay tax, your state made them charge you tax. :rolleyes:

jinjuku

jinjuku

Best time to buy a TV is January/February. This is when the top tier manufacturers are introducing new models and discounting this years current models.

You normally only get 3rd tier / no name on Black Friday.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
100% agree. This is how I bought mine.
Best time is right after new model gets announced. Usually last year models go on sale.
Not just when they announce, but when they actually ship them. As soon as the store knows the new ones are coming in, they will close out the old models. Up until this last TV, I ALWAYS bought my TV like this. Last year's top model as soon as the new ones hit the store. They will really deal just to get rid of them. Same with receivers.

J

johnthedeere

Audiophyte
That's a really good site, thanks for sharing it. I had never seen or heard of it.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not just when they announce, but when they actually ship them. As soon as the store knows the new ones are coming in, they will close out the old models. Up until this last TV, I ALWAYS bought my TV like this. Last year's top model as soon as the new ones hit the store. They will really deal just to get rid of them. Same with receivers.
yes, this time could vary a bit, but this is where decide.com comes it :)

93zder

Audiophyte
So one needs to be a member and pay the premiums to get the benefits of this?

In searching for the Panasonic 65" ST50 it's only going to go down 1 or 200 bucks it says?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Amazon didn't make you pay tax, your state made them charge you tax. :rolleyes:
Got that right, S.C. is the same way. I have a large Amazon distribution center here that opened last year and bingo it's sales tax time.

ss2nv

ss2nv

Audioholic Intern
Just my opinion, but 3D is still kinda a gimmick. I would look for a tv that has it where it counts (to me) and that's picture quality.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis