Best sounding bluetooth speaker for less than $200?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Right now I'm looking at the Bose sound link mini, but if there is a better or cheaper option i'd gladly take a look at it. Must be able to sufficiently hit low notes, be relatively neutral (no car stereo rap bass crap) and be relatively loud. Size is not a concern.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Right now I'm looking at the Bose sound link mini, but if there is a better or cheaper option i'd gladly take a look at it. Must be able to sufficiently hit low notes, be relatively neutral (no car stereo rap bass crap) and be relatively loud. Size is not a concern.
I'll look into it. It may take some time.

Have you been able to listen to some at the store (Best Buy)?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I'll look into it. It may take some time.

Have you been able to listen to some at the store (Best Buy)?
Awhile back. Like I said the best sounding one was the Bose.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Better or cheaper option? Pick one. I don't think you get both very often though they aren't mutually exclusive.

How about a KEF Muo?

https://www.kefdirect.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1353

They seem highly rated for quality, but the cool color options may tip the scales. :D
Yeah that's definitely out of my price range. I suppose I'm asking if any sub $200 bluetooth speakers meet the requirements for having a decent low end and not sounding washed out besides the bose. Even the JBL ones sounded pretty bad.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Awhile back. Like I said the best sounding one was the Bose.
I'm sorry. I spaced doing research. Most recently impressed with Harmon Kardon's Bluetooth speakers. JBL's wireless ones are good, the Harmon Kardon ones are not battery powered, but they sound nice for their size. I think they start at $200, the JBLs are less.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
I have not heard the Bose product, but do own, have gifted, and have been very impressed with the Creative SoundBlaster ROAR which is well south of $150, having been replaced by a slightly smaller version the ROAR 2 (~$150) which I have not listened too.

The original ROAR monitors two BT signals (i.e. tablet for music and mobile phone, allowing music pause to answer a call), has a micro SD slot to play your own music collection. IMHO it is well constructed, travels easily and well (took mine to Kuwait for a month). Recharges through wall wart or USB, when connected to a computer you have additional sound profile modification options, which helped me dial it in a lot.

The original ROAR's bass is very strong, with three options: normal, ROAR or Tera Bass selected (more), ROAR and Tera Bass selected (most). ROAR is akin to a loudness button (emphasize highs and lows) while Tera Bass is a bass only boost, but they can be used together.

I have found just using Tera Bass to be my preference, I primarily listen to jazz, vocals, and classical.

Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis