Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Well it's time to eat!

Rub ribs with favorite seasoning. (I use Tony Chachere's & coarse black pepper)

Wrap slab in plastic wrap, then in aluminium foil.

Bake in oven @ 325 for two hours.

Take ribs out of foil & plastic & place on grill. (Be careful because ribs will fall apart!) Mop with your favorite barbecue sauce. (I use Jack Daniel's Original No. 7) You can also place back in oven & broil instead of grilling if you wish!

P.S. Do not use plastic that ribs are packed in! Use Saran Wrap!

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>Uh, oh...I see a rib cook-off shaping up here!

Sounds good, Zumbo! I like dry rubs for lots of meats.  But here's my marinated ribs, a "wet" recipe:

Marinade:

About a half cup of cider vinegar
About a cup of water
A few tablespoons or more of brown sugar (depending on your liking for sweet)
One or two crushed garlic cloves
About a tablespoon of sage
Dash or two of allspice
Zest of one orange or a quarter teaspoon of orange oil
Salt and pepper

Heat and stir the marinade in a sauce pan over low heat just to melt the sugar. Before marinating, reserve some of the marinade to use for basting and to make a BBQ sauce. Marinate for several hours or overnight. Grill over indirect heat or bake in oven or use Zumbo's technique (not sure about that plastic wrap, though!)

Baste with reserved marinade while grilling and/or baking and glaze with sauce of your choice. I make mine with some of the reserved marinade, ketchup, and some bourbon. Nothing wrong with a good store bought sauce or glaze either.

Just last night I grilled some pork shoulders that I had marinated and frozen during the summer. Mmmm! Marinating with vinegar or anything acidic makes even cheap cuts tender and tasty. Our grandmas knew that!</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>The plastic wrap is the most important part! It will not melt! Just make sure to cover with foil good! It is what makes the meat fall off the bone. Try it with your sauce! You will love it!

I have to try your marinade! I love homemade stuff. My wife does most of the recipe cooking.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Stop you guys are making me hungry &nbsp;
</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Mongomery Inn "Ribs King" sauce...

Slather it on WHILE cooking, it soaks into the meat, giving you nice barbecue flavor down to the bone if you slow cooked it.

Bad thing is it's only availible on store shelves in the greater Cincinati Ohio area. &nbsp;But you can do a yahoo search for it and find their online store.

I didn't know about the store until I got stopped in the airport X-rays for having "organic materials".....it was 12 bottles of finger licking goodness...even the guy running the metal detector was cracking up when he saw all those bottles.
</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>My wife is in school tonight so I am stuck at home reviewing equipment and eating frozen pizza and a protein shake. &nbsp;Tomorrow I am rushing out to get some ribs &nbsp;
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Bryan baby backs! Just had 'em for supper! OH MY GOD!</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>See Fritz's barbecue sauce at www.weber.com look under recipes/sauces and rubs. Tastes a little funny straight but turns into something magical on chicken and ribs.

By the way REAL MEN use charcoal and never would defile ribs (aka pigsicles) ine oven. Cook with the indirect method as slow as possible at about 250 F. Put water or ice cubes in the drip pan. Add sauce in the last half hour. They are done when the meat pulls back slightly form the bone. dang, now I'm really hungry.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Dan, I do use charcoal with hickory chunks on a stainless steel smoker! The oven is to make the meat fall off the bone! Also, with the ribs in plastic, you lose none of the flavor of the meat. Trust me on this one. You will throw your cooking technique out the window!
</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I found a good charcoal oven is best, but not everyone has the room to make one in their backyard.

I don't even have a backyard...oh wait yeah i do.....it's called my windowsill.
</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>
</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com