Best Reciver for in the 600.00 Range

R

Reignman

Enthusiast
Well I’m new soo I have a n00bie question. Im looking for a reciver in the range of 600.00. I could go upto 800. but must be well worth it. Mainly for watching DVDs and Satellite also for console gaming PS2/3 and Xbox360. Your experience and insight is appreciated.

T

t3031999

Audioholic
It's hard to find exactly what you need, without much information about your room, speakers, listening habits, etc.

But in that budget I (and audioholics but with a external amp) recommends the Yamaha RX-V2500.

You should be able to pick it up for around $700

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
The Yamaha RX-V1500 will have slightly less power and a few less features for about $500.

W

wsiler

Enthusiast
You can pick up the Yamaha 2500 (see tons of reviews here on Audioholics) at Abes of maine for $625 and it comes with a 3 year MACK warranty.

W

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
can get denon 3805 refurb for less than 700 on line. of you can get a refurb Harman Kardon straight from the factory on ebay for great price. the avr 435 has been going for an average of around $440 and the 635 around $580

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
Marantz SR-7400 from www.ac4l.com $649 brand new. SR-7500 $699 factory refurbished. I love my marantz SR-8400 for music and HT. Very smooth sound.

Pat

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'll second AC4L. The $649 one is a 7400 brand new, not a 7500, otherwise that would be a smoking deal. The 7500 for $699 is a refurb w/1yr warranty.

V

Vigor

Junior Audioholic
Pioneer Elite VSX52TX will go for about $ 500-600 very good amp.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
Check out the Pioneer Elite VSX-54tx at elegantaudiovideo.com. IT sells for $634 with a 2 year warranty. It is an awesome piece and a great price.

R

Reignman

Enthusiast
Xsound said:
Check out the Pioneer Elite VSX-54tx at elegantaudiovideo.com. IT sells for $634 with a 2 year warranty. It is an awesome piece and a great price.
Thanks for all your responses. Well since joining this forum I’ve been reading allot. This Home Theater Sound Bug is a bad thing! I have a few other questions. Is upconversion really a great thing in a receiver. And is it worth spending the $ to get it when you can buy an upconversion DVD player like the Samsung one? And what about all the DVD Players that are coming out that will be true HD? Will there or is there some other component that will upconvert all other components like Sat receiver, cable box, and game consoles. I’ve been reading on the Yama 2600 and I looks to be a good thing but I would like to know if there are other work arounds instead of getting one of the new latest and greatest? I hope I’m making sense.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Reignman said:
This Home Theater Sound Bug is a bad thing!

I hope I’m making sense.
.....just make sure all the bicycles and Birthday parties happen, ReignMan, along with your probably working wife getting her play money, and Audio can replace the desire for bassboats nicely, if you could care less about fishing except from an 18 long 6 wide flatbottom riverboat with hoop-working floor/deck on the front, or a regular 14 foot flatbottom for yo-yo's/trotlines lakeboat....now, with that said, an 18 foot fiberglass low-profile Glastron, with a Yamaha V-MAX 250 outboard on it, can give Audio a run....yep.....

.....edit....and guys, when I come into my first million, I may try some of this stuff.....

.....edit the second....the best freshwater eating fish from a lake or river in Arkinsaw, is the flathead catfish, the bream, pronounced brim, and the crappe, pronounced croppee....flatheads eat live, if possible, and other strains of catfish eat dead, whatever, scooped off the bottom, with much mud....the high-dollar catfish houses are serviced by ponds that raise flatheads on quality grains....bream is the best to me over catfish, or crappe fillets, and that flaky meat up along the backbone of a bream/brim, is the best bite of fish you can get from a lake or river in Arkansas using an iron skillet and crisco, I promise....crappe preferes minnows, by the way, and many people honestly think crappe fillets simply can't be beat....I say tear into a whole fried bream/brim carefully in the ribs section, but up top along the backbone is the boneless gold treasure.....

.....edit the third....I told you I don't know when to shup up....now, back to the thread on grapefruit plugs.....

Last edited:
R

Reignman

Enthusiast
Whoa!! I guess the wifey has you on lock down. This sounds like things you would like to do when the wifey kicks over... but yea funny I do like fishing and I do own a flats boat..I live in homestead..thats near the FL, Keys.. You know Florida is a fishermans dream come true..

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Reignman said:
Whoa!! I guess the wifey has you on lock down. This sounds like things you would like to do when the wifey kicks over... but yea funny I do like fishing and I do own a flats boat..I live in homestead..thats near the FL, Keys.. You know Florida is a fishermans dream come true..
.....have no wifey, most honorable Reignman, therefore must washey, own shirtey....no, not Chinese, even though I sometimes wear a cymbal for a hat....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis