Best Portable Speaker?!?

R

Ranger341

Audiophyte
Hey AudioHolics! (Sorry if this is in the wrong section, pretty new to this forum)

Since Christmas is literally around the corner, I wanted to get some opinions of what the best portable speaker is. Like overall sound, quality, battery, which is the best out there. Let me know if you guys know what the best is out there. Thanks!

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

“Portable” as in bluetooth, or do you have something else in mind? If bluetooth, hard to beat the Bang and Olufsen Beolit 15 or Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Hey AudioHolics! (Sorry if this is in the wrong section, pretty new to this forum)

Since Christmas is literally around the corner, I wanted to get some opinions of what the best portable speaker is. Like overall sound, quality, battery, which is the best out there. Let me know if you guys know what the best is out there. Thanks!
In the Bluetooth portable speaker scene I tend to think JBL offers a good product for the money. A lot of portable audio products from other companies have gimmicks (like the Jambox for example) and really don't live up to the hype.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

I was very impressed with the Riva Turbo X!
http://www.amazon.com/Riva-RTX01B-Bluetooth-Mobile-Speaker/dp/B00IPSC6F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450993051&sr=8-1&keywords=riva+turbo+x

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hits hard... on the pocket book. :D
Agreed.

I heard it at RMAF. Kind of by accident, I heard it from outside the demo room and went in, didn't realize that it was a BT speaker from outside.

After I was in the room and realized that it was a BT speaker, I was impressed. They had them at the show for $300 with a free carrying case. I had to debate long and hard as to whether or not to buy one then and there. I ended up not getting one, mostly because I had recently purchased a set of Mackie CR3s to serve a similar purpose.

I did speak to the engineer there for a few minutes. Lots of attention to details on this one. One of my favorite features is that it actually has a "battery disconnect" button. So you don't have to constantly cycle charge the battery whenever you have it plugged into an outlet.

OP did ask for the best and didn't provide a budget. Dunno if it's the best but it was certainly better than I had expected.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed.

I heard it at RMAF. Kind of by accident, I heard it from outside the demo room and went in, didn't realize that it was a BT speaker from outside.

After I was in the room and realized that it was a BT speaker, I was impressed. They had them at the show for $300 with a free carrying case. I had to debate long and hard as to whether or not to buy one then and there. I ended up not getting one, mostly because I had recently purchased a set of Mackie CR3s to serve a similar purpose.

I did speak to the engineer there for a few minutes. Lots of attention to details on this one. One of my favorite features is that it actually has a "battery disconnect" button. So you don't have to constantly cycle charge the battery whenever you have it plugged into an outlet.

OP did ask for the best and didn't provide a budget. Dunno if it's the best but it was certainly better than I had expected.
Sounds interesting. I guess we'll have to wait for the OP.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis