Best portable DVD player?

jcsprankle

jcsprankle

Audioholic
I am thinking of buying my wife a portable DVD player for our anniversary coming up. It's our 4th (modern gift: appliances) and I figure electronics count. Plus, she's been wanting one for a while for plane and car trips.

Does anyone have an opinion about a quality player for less than $200? It should have at least a 7" screen. I'm not too concerned about inputs or outputs as I can't imagine using this at home with a large display.

Thanks for the help!

Good question. Most portable DVD players have that crappy half-resolution screen that only does 360x240 or the 16:9 equivalent... even at 7 to 10-inches...

I'd be interested in feedback as well. I'm looking out for one that can handle video inputs as well since my Polaroid screen died...

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Whatever you get, make sure it has decent batteries. I bought a cheap, off-brand one just to have entertainment during power outages (something that happened a few times last winter), only to discover that the batteries won't hold a charge for more than a few weeks. Since the concept was to keep it charged and ready at all times, that pretty much bites.:(

jcsprankle

jcsprankle

Audioholic
Anyone have any recommendations in terms of brand or model? I need this bought and wrapped by Saturday :eek: so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jcsprankle

jcsprankle

Audioholic
I made a decision

Just in case people were interested, I made a purchase decision yesterday. I went to BB and had the opportunity to check out the picture quality of about 10 different portable DVD players. BY FAR, the best picture quality of the ones there was the LG DP781.

It has an 8" screen and comes with a bunch of accessories (including a car mount kit). Also, I checked some reviews on CNET and other places and most seemed to like it. I'm sold.

ChrisJam

ChrisJam

Full Audioholic
I am thinking of buying my wife a portable DVD player for our anniversary coming up.
Happy upcoming anniversary.

Here's one I got my parents last year. A good friend of mine bought the same model. We all like this player, which retailed last year for $180.

Toshiba 8" 16:9 Widescreen LCD Portable DVD Player
Model: SD-P1850

Chris

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis