Best places to buy a receiver travelling to California

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
As previously stated about Frys, if you know what you want it's fine. Open box deals are only worked on the non-slashed price models. The specials that are advertised are usually only good for 2-3 days, then the prices go back to their normal discounted price. The HK DP2005 was selling over one weekend for $499. It's gone now. I think the 7300 is pretty close to gone.

If you get a factory sealed box there isn't any worry. They sell HKs, Onkyos, Sonys and some Yamahas. The HKs and higher end Onkyos are the only ones worth looking at, IMO. :)

M

mudakas

Enthusiast
Ron Temple said:
As previously stated about Frys, if you know what you want it's fine. Open box deals are only worked on the non-slashed price models. The specials that are advertised are usually only good for 2-3 days, then the prices go back to their normal discounted price. The HK DP2005 was selling over one weekend for $499. It's gone now. I think the 7300 is pretty close to gone.

If you get a factory sealed box there isn't any worry. They sell HKs, Onkyos, Sonys and some Yamahas. The HKs and higher end Onkyos are the only ones worth looking at, IMO. :)

Thanks for warning me about Fry's. I will be shopping for prices on only brand new unopened units and my preferences are:
1. HK 7300
2. Marantz 8500
3. Yamaha 2500 (or 4600 but too new too expensive)
4. Denon 3805

M

mudakas

Enthusiast
Pioneer 56 txi

Hi,

I am back with pioneer 56txi! Purchased from Magnolia hi-fi in Portland and was impressed by excellent customer service. Just for curiosity stopped at Frys – really another horrible Canadian Future shop style store. So after late night testing very very happy with my new toy – it is like a day and night after denon 1603 receiver I had.
Thanks for your inputs,

V

9f9c7z

Banned
Congrats on your new Pioneer. :) I think you did well by getting it in Oregon instead of Calif.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis