best place in country to listen to speakers

C

commode air

Audioholic Intern
Hi all. I'm currently in the market for some high end home theatre speakers. Because of my Job I travel A LOT. I fly for a major airline. My question is where in the U.S. is the best place to preview speakers? Vegas, L.A., etc.? I would really like to listen to some very good speakers. Best Buy and such We have where I live. Thanks.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hi all. I'm currently in the market for some high end home theatre speakers. Because of my Job I travel A LOT. I fly for a major airline. My question is where in the U.S. is the best place to preview speakers? Vegas, L.A., etc.? I would really like to listen to some very good speakers. Best Buy and such We have where I live. Thanks.
Look them up here
http://www2.kef.com/us/Retailers If they sell KEF they will sell other good brands.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would think that what you are really looking for is tweaky shops throughout the country with decent setups. In the Washington DC area, this would be the Myer-Emco shops. Bethesda has a pretty decent store, as does Tysons Corner.

www.myer-emco.com

Magnepan also tends to lean towards 'tweaky', and The Gifted Listener in Centreville, VA, outside of DC, is a pretty good audio shop.

www.giftedlistener.com

You can find the Magnepan dealers list here, and I would expect that you will find some decent 'tweaky' shops in this list.

http://www.magnepan.com/dealer_locations

J

jamie2112

Banned
I would like to listen to speakers in a anabolic chamber......or the lip of the Grand Canyon....:D

M

mike_wassell

Audioholic Intern
Any big city will have great speakers to listen to. Just look the stereo shops on the net before you travel there.

C

commode air

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the responses I'll look into all of these.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I can't remember exactly, but someone here mentioned Florida!

I heard there is a store in FL that has all the big name speakers - Wilson Audio, B&W 800D, Revel Salon 2, etc. I heard people from around the world even go here to audition speakers.

D

dronezero

Audioholic
Well, I'm not really the person to ask for this as I have not been to all that many shops. However, by far the best room I've ever listened in was at a shop in Boise called The Stereo Shoppe. They have a listening room that was built to the nines. It had non-parallel walls and the whole lot. Even the smallest speakers sounded absolutely huge in that room. There wasn't a speaker I listened to that the room didn't make sound quite good. They all had soundstages that extended well beyond the walls, and the midbass punch from even small bookshelves was outstanding. They also had other rooms with B&W 802D and some Wilson speakers, though I didn't get a chance to listen to them. The staff was also top rate.

Wannabubble

Wannabubble

Junior Audioholic
I have heard that in the Washington/Oregon area there are some really high end stores. I think that's where the Magnolia stores got started back when that were a true high end store.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis