best pc 2 speaker setup to replace logitech z-2300?

S

smackjack22

Audiophyte
What should i get as a good upgrade from the z-2300's?Everybody rants and raves how good they are but they don't sound good when down low and now my speakers have a hiss when turning volume up and down.I have tons of flac music now but don't know what speaker system to get?
m audio StudiophileBX5aDeluxe i was thinking of getting these but what is the difference between speakers and monitors?The volume button is on the back which is annoying but i notice all monitors have it at the back?Any other recommendations?looking to spend about $300 cdn

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
The best 2.1 computer speakers that I've used were Klipsch Promedia. But the little 6.5" sub can be a bit boomy.

If you have an old receiver laying around to drive them then it's hard to beat a pair of Behinger B2030P studio monitors ($150/pr US) backed by a decent subwoofer. Something like the Dayton SUB-120 ($160 US). You can see in my signature what I use.

Last edited:
Transmaniacon

Transmaniacon

Audioholic
I have been in this market for quite some time now. I too have the Z-2300, and with being in an apartment, I have to keep the sub turned way down, and as you probably know the Z-2300 have muddy mids and highs.

From what I have read, hopefully this helps, the quality increase lies in a good DAC (digital/analog converter).

As was mentioned previously, a used audio receiver does this quite well, and you likely have a digital audio out connection (optical/coaxial) on your computer. Doing this opens up a world of bookshelf options for you.

You can buy a standalone DAC, they make USB ones, but a good one is expensive. If you have the space to put a receiver in your office, then that would probably be the best value option.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Behringers MS20/MS40 will give a lot of speakers a run for their value.....
I bought ms16 for near-field work office and i love them (for the price)

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
+1 for the Swans M200. Can't beat 'em for that price.

Regards,
Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Method

Junior Audioholic
What about the B&W's and the Focals?

Both make multimedia setups.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
for the price of the b&w or focal multimedia speakers you're better off buying a pair of passives and a receiver or amp

or some decent active monitors

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
+1 on the Behringer Ms20. I bought a pair a few weeks ago for $80 shipped. Doubt you can get that price but probably less than $100. Find em on amazon from an Amazon store, not used or a private party, then samedaymusic.com will beat that price.
Not small but not too big and very punchy. I run the bass a bit less than flat, about 11 o clock.

Me likey!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis