Best movie sub:SVS,HSU,Klipsch.

J

jordan122345

Enthusiast
Okay so I have got my choices down to 4 subs now to go with the rest of my Klipsch RF7 setup.Klipsch RSW15,SVS PB12 plus,HSU VTF-15h,SVS PB12nsd.I have just under 1900 spuare feet.I will be using the system for 95% movies Thanks in advance

J

jordan122345

Enthusiast
I am kinda leaning that way but it is also almost double the other SVS NSD and the RSW15 and about $500 over the HSU.So another question would the pb12 plus be that much better than the others for the price

J

jordan122345

Enthusiast
yeah sorry 16x14x8 so cubic feet.So looks like the PB12plus would be the best choice so it seems.I am still kinda stuck on that RSW15 since it is of course what klipsch recommends.And I can get it for $750 almost new.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Id most definitely get the PB12 Plus, you won't be dissapointed... I'm sure it would beat the Klipsch no problem.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
The Rythmik FV15HP and SVS PB12-Plus would be awesome choices and certainly outperform that Klipsch. If it was me, I'd go Rythmik, but you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Klipsch is known for making very efficient speakers not subwoofers. Yes i a gree, the PB-12 Plus should be quite a bit better than the RSW-15. The PB-12Plus is an excellent sub that is a top performer in its class. There is no doubt in my mind on it being one of the best picks.

Dont worry about matching brands. A good subwoofer is an accurate subwoofer. You dont have tonget a Klipsch sub because you have Klipsch speakers, in fact, i would prefer not to match them. Most here would agree on choosing your speakers based on personal listening preferences & choosing a sub based on how well it measures. SVS is well known for its excellent subs, driver quality, enclosure quality & most importantly how well their subs perform!!

In a large room id be looking at either the PB-12 Plus or the VtF-15H. My choice would be based on how much money i can spend on it. The VTf-15H is the best bass for the money. The PB-12 Plus will beat it, by $500...? I cant answer that but it is a bit better.

J

jordan122345

Enthusiast
I do realize that matching brands is not a must. I just know that supposedly the rsw15 is matched to the rf7 setup. I did read the review on both the pb12plus and the rythmik f15h and I think out of the two and at the same price I like the svs a bit better. I am just wondering if in my smaller room if it is gonna be alright

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I wouldn't worry one bit about the "matching" between the RSW15 and the RF7's.

Either the PB12 Plus or FV15HP should have quite a lot of output for a small room like yours, so it seems like a can't lose situation IMO.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General

Either the PB12 Plus or FV15HP should have quite a lot of output for a small room like yours, so it seems like a can't lose situation IMO.
^ This. I think you'll be very happy with either one.

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic
You may want to call SVS. That is a small to medium sized room and the PB12-NSD may be more than enough, and you could save some cash. Also, the Outlaw LFM1 EX is on sale now and is another consideration. I have a feeling the PB12 plus will overwhelm that sized room, although it is more future proof if you move into a larger room at some point.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
For your viewing pleasure (you'll find most of the mentioned subs here):

J

jordan122345

Enthusiast
I did email SVS and they did suggest the pb12nsd but also said that the pb12 plus would work very very good as well and then also future proof if I go to a bigger room.But that FV15HP is looking better and better.I think it will come down to those 2 for sure.A little more research and then I wll pull the trigger.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Maybe consider two of the cheaper sub with some placement testing? I think that PB12 plus would be a beast though.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Just get four JTR Orbit shifters :eek

Seriously though, I recommend getting multiples. Beyond that, all are fine choices are the likelyhood of ever hitting the limits of many of these internet direct subs is probably lower than you'd expect.

J

jordan122345

Enthusiast
Jack at SVS said that getting 2 pb12nsd's would work out great and equal the output of 1 pb12plus.So I am still kinda lost on this one.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Jack at SVS said that getting 2 pb12nsd's would work out great and equal the output of 1 pb12plus.So I am still kinda lost on this one.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Just decide if you want one or 2, and buy what you can afford. You already know the good brands, so you really can't lose.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
One thing to keep in mind is when you started, you were looking at subs around $700-1000, and jumping up to 2 NSD's would put you at $1538.

Well, I think the next step would be to ask yourself the following questions:

• Do I have enough room for 2 subwoofers, located separately from each other. If you have to stack them on top of each other, then you lose the main benefit of multiple subs (hopefully smoother frequency response).
  • Would I be willing in the future to outlay more money for additional sub(s). If so, you might want to get one higher priced sub now and another one later.
  • Do I ever get the sense of upgraditis or wish what I could have had?

J

jordan122345

Enthusiast
That is very true.As far as room for 2 right now that are as big as the NSD's probably not but 1 pb12plus would fit just about perfect.Everyone has been great but templemaners you have been very very helpful.One nice thing is that with SVS whichever route I go they have the full trade in value in the first year if you upgrade to a more expensive sub too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis