M

Missionman

Junior Audioholic
Hi guys.

Have recently bought myself a set of mission 773 tallstands.

Have bi-wired them
But was wondering what the best method of wiring would be?

I am currently running a main post circuit. But have read alot of positive reviews about closed loom wiring and parallel circuit wiring,

Which would be the best to go for?

Because i must admit, bi-wiring speakers do make a great difference, just want to unlock the true potential of my missons.

thanks guys.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Bi-wiring usually doesn't add much!

Hi guys.

Have bi-wired them

I am currently running a main post circuit. But have read alot of positive reviews about closed loom wiring and parallel circuit wiring,

Because i must admit, bi-wiring speakers do make a great difference, just want to unlock the true potential of my missons.

thanks guys.
Okay you have two sets of terminals LF and HF and you can separate the jumper and connect to two different amp sources. The speakers are rated down to 50 Hz which is fairly low but not in the solid subwoofer bass range.

You say you have the speakers currently connected bi-amp but you only have one AVR listed what are you feeding into the HF and LF speaker terminals. If by loom wiring you mean series? You need to be careful with parallel wiring, if you wire two 8 ohm speakers in parallel, you in effect double you current and reduce you effective impendance to 4 ohms.

In you case, IMHO, I would not bi-wire and would connect your KEF subwoofer for low frequencies. But you said bi-wiring sounds better, I a curious as to how you have it wired.

You don't say what model of Pioneer AVR you have; how much power does it put out?

Good luck!

MidCow2

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hi guys.

Have bi-wired them

thanks guys.
If you have to bi-wire them for good volume then you may need a better amp. Turning up the volume will work just as well. I suggest you just use ones speaker per terminal. If you want to use two then I suggest you consider wiring them serially instead of in parallel. If you do blow something the repair is usually just replacing a fuse. Which isn't difficult.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
I'm confused, are you biwiring, or biamping the speakers?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis