spike99

Junior Audioholic
FYI,

After much thought... I decided to go with these
2 ea B&W CM8 Tower speaker for front left and right
1 ea B&W CMC Center speaker
2 ea B&W CM1 Rear bookshelf speakers
1 ea B&W ASW10CM 10" CM series sub woofer

The final price ended up way over my budget... But decided to make an effort since I expect to have these for many years to come.

In the end, I believe it's important to listen to the speakers before you buy but unfortunately, it's sometimes unlikely you get 2 speakers in the same room you want to compare side by side.

I'd like to thank for your suggestions... and if I can now figure out which speaker wires to get... :)
Thanks for your suggestions

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
congrats on your new purchase. for speaker cables, head to monoprice.

I definitely would have gone with a different subwoofer, though.

S

spike99

Junior Audioholic
UPDATE:

OK, So I have a couple of days now with CM series and I'm very pleased with speakers. Below are my impressions with movies, TV & music.

Blu-Ray movies - Excellent.
Cable TV - Good. I suppose the sound from cable channels are not as good as Blu Ray movies.
Music - Good. Currently getting music channels from cable channels & internet music channels available from Denon receiver. Internet music available in AV receiver seem to sound better than cable music channels.

Definitely no comparison with my old Bose IV home theater speakers.

For music, I know I can do better... I don't have any music CD's :) But I know these are better (no compression) but I would like to avoid buying CD's since I would prefer digital music. I'm considering buying Denon iPod Dock to listen to music via iPod. I suppose this would be a way to get better audio ?

Also, due to my TV/speaker location in room, I'm able to see my monoprice front speaker wires. These speaker cables don't look pretty... and although it may not make a difference I will probably just replace the Fronts with better looking cables.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis