Best front 3 for under 350$

Gaigebacca

Gaigebacca

Audioholic
Ok guys, this is for my personal system, and looking to replace my front R/C/L speakers... currently have really crappy sony satellites and looking for a front three on a budget. Preferably all three under 350. HT 80% and music 20% usage.

Thanks for the info

Gaigebacca

Gaigebacca

Audioholic
The Omni's sound interesting, I am all about the actual envelopment and immersion in my music and HT audio. Not necessarily the precision, if that makes sense, I want to feel like I am sitting in the middle of the orchestra or the battlefield, but I don't exactly need to feel like the bullet that sounded like it whizzed by my head just came out of my wall at exactly 4.3 feet high and 16 inches over to the left... I probably sound like a babbling buffoon, but whatever. I don't know if this helps... I want envelopment and good highs and mids, maybe down to the 80-90 hz?

Gaigebacca

Gaigebacca

Audioholic
OK well Mazer... instead of being a jerk and just restating something I already said/admitted just to poke a jab at me... and my current "ignorance" in the A/V field... look at my post count... then look at yours... I wouldn't even think twice about the idea that you might know more about this than I do. My first system was a crappy Sony HTIB from BB. I just got a stepping stone into this "passion" with my new Onkyo SR-TX605 that I got just a little over a week ago. So instead of just little "smart" remarks, how about actual help and advice... just a thought. And I have been practically scouring these and other forums for the past 3 days... pretty much putting my fiance on the back-burner in the process. I am learning as fast as I can :).

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
OK well Mazer... instead of being a jerk and just restating something I already said/admitted just to poke a jab at me... and my current "ignorance" in the A/V field... look at my post count... then look at yours... I wouldn't even think twice about the idea that you might know more about this than I do. My first system was a crappy Sony HTIB from BB. I just got a stepping stone into this "passion" with my new Onkyo SR-TX605 that I got just a little over a week ago. So instead of just little "smart" remarks, how about actual help and advice... just a thought. And I have been practically scouring these and other forums for the past 3 days... pretty much putting my fiance on the back-burner in the process. I am learning as fast as I can :).
Lighten Up Frances LOL

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
So instead of just little "smart" remarks, how about actual help and advice... just a thought.
If you look back and read the thread I have offered my help and advice.

I couldn't care what knowledge or expertise you have in Audio/Video. I couldn't care about your post count. I couldn't care about what gear you've had.

Sorry if you took the picture as a "jab" at you. But it wasn't intended that way. Just a comical picture based on your statement.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok guys, this is for my personal system, and looking to replace my front R/C/L speakers... currently have really crappy sony satellites and looking for a front three on a budget. Preferably all three under 350. HT 80% and music 20% usage.

Thanks for the info
If you can spread your budget by another $200 or so, I would seriously look at Energy's new Take classics as review here in Audioholics. Maybe without the sub, you can knock off a couple hundred and be in your budget. Here's the link;

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/satellite/energy-take-classic-review

C

cyfman

Audioholic Intern
i'm very happy with my bic's. right now they have the dv6si bookshelf's and dv62clrs center for 213.72 at amazon.com i've had them for several months and think they are great.

Gaigebacca

Gaigebacca

Audioholic
Mazer

Ok, in all honesty, when I wrote an original response to your buffoon comment... it was not displaying a picture, it was just the quotation and that was all... Came across as just very snide and smart allecky... with the picture it is funny. So you will have to forgive my initial response to it. I am getting married and my fiance and I got into a fight last night, so you can understand that I am just a wee bit stressed out lol. I do appreciate you advice in the prior posts tho, and sorry for the misunderstanding.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Just so you know, mazersteven is the photo king of Audioholics :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis