Best flat screen LCD over 60"

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Hello everyone: First time here in a long time for me. I am strictly a Plasma fan boy, but I have a need for suggestions and some current known prices on LCD flat panel Televisions that are above the 60 inch size.
In my circle of friends and family, I am now known(4-5 years now) as their go to guy for everything AV. Little do they all know, that I come here to Audioholics.com, and maybe one or two other sites to double check on all AV 'stuff' before I ever suggest it to any of them. I also come here for originating suggestions for certain AV 'stuff' too .(obviously :eek:)
Anyway, this particular friend is convinced that his soon to be viewing room will have too much sunlight coming in for him to have a plasma. I don't totally agree with him on this, but we have gone back and forth over his choice too many times now, and it is his money, and he's the one that has to be happy in the end. So I told him, that I would do my best to find what he is looking for.
So I'm looking for best deals available on some good to excellent quality LCDs(in any and all of your opinions) that are over 60". And of course any 'best bang for buck' suggestions are always welcome too.
Thanks in advance to any who take the time to help me out with this one. Joe B. :)

Stripes

Stripes

Full Audioholic
What's the most your friend wants to spend? I think Sony and Samsung are the best options for LCD. Personally I would take a look at the Bravia line by Sony. Also have you thought about plasmas with True Black filters, as this cuts down on reflections quite a bit.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Forgot about that one...

What's the most your friend wants to spend? I think Sony and Samsung are the best options for LCD. Personally I would take a look at the Bravia line by Sony. Also have you thought about plasmas with True Black filters, as this cuts down on reflections quite a bit.
I don't think his budget is too low for the LCD he wants, but as my inquiry had mentioned, he is looking for the best deal he can get on any of the models I do suggest to him.
Also,thanks for the true black filter plasma suggestion. I hadn't thought to mention that option to him on previous occassions.
Joe B.

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
I'm still in need of that help please. Thanks!

I don't think his budget is too low for the LCD he wants, but as my inquiry had mentioned, he is looking for the best deal he can get on any of the models I do suggest to him.
Also,thanks for the true black filter plasma suggestion. I hadn't thought to mention that option to him on previous occassions.
Joe B.
Though I did receive some suggestions on brand names and other technologies to consider(thanks!:) ), I've totally struck out on getting what I had inquired about originally. So I found some over 60 inch LCD TVs on my own, and I'm hoping that some of you can let me in on the best current deals I might be able to get on them. Also, I'm looking to get opinions on what models are best when looking at LCD TVs(flat)over 60 inches in size. Best bang for buck deals too if possible. Thanks all. Joe B. :)

Here are the models I found:
Samsung LN65B650
Specs: LCD TV, 65 in, 720p, 480p, 1080p (FullHD), 1080i, 120Hz, Wide Color Gamut-CCFL, 4 ms, EPA Energy Star
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sharp AQUOS LC-65D64U

Specs: LCD TV, 65 in, 1080p, 4 ms, 450

Sharp LC-65E77UM

Specs: LCD TV, 65 in, 1080p, 120Hz, Wide Color Gamut-CCFL, 4 ms, 450, EPA Energy Star

Samsung 650FP

Specs: 65 in, 1080p, Wide Color Gamut-CCFL

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis