Best choice for viewing from outside

W

wiseone

Audiophyte
We are looking to use a Plasma TV in order to display advertisements to users driving by. We have windows on the second floor and have them slightly tinted to help cut out the sun's UV, but wandered if there was any input from the experts as to why we should or should not use Plasma and what else might be better for this purpose.

Thanks,
Mark

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Hello
I would suggest you look at LCD for continuous loop commercial applications
Or static commercial slides. They are getting larger now and brightness should be a consideration when installing in a show window. Longer bulb life is now a reality and they are user replaceable.

Typically LCD consumes less power than a Plasma,this may be important if there are mutable units. Viewing angles are generally better on Plasma but panel 1/2 life on Plasma is about 25-30k hours LCD 50k hours may vary depending on installation

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would agree with RLA and add that plasmas also typically have a very reflective front glass which makes them very tough viewing during the daytime.

Don't know about the life, since plasma is currently advertising at 60,000 hours now. Still, a ton of time.

How is the brightness of the two? I always think LCD looks just a bit brighter, but maybe that's just me.

No burn-in
Less power hungry
Less reflection (better during day)
Brighter (?)

Give a look at the NEC 46" or 40" LCD displays, they are pretty much what I would recommend.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis