Best CDs of 2007....so far

K

Kyliefan001

Enthusiast
This is my first post.....hi guys!

So far there are only two cds released in 07 that I really love....

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Tripping The Light Fantastic
Kosheen - Dangerous

SEB should be a worldwide superstar!

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Welcome to the forum!

To be honest, I haven't really listened to any new music in a while, I find most of it either poorly recorded or just plain bad. Of the few I have heard the new White Stripes album was probably the best. Of the things with music on them Nine Inch Nails Beside You in Time was amazing on BD.

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Blackfield - Blackfield II

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I have bought a lot of new music this year, and most of it is excellent. It is hard to choose favorites. Neon Bible by Arcade Fire and Rabbit Fur Coat by Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins are pretty high up on the list.
The only bad recordings (independent of content) I have heard are the new ones from The Editors and Rush, all the others have great sound quality.

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Blackfield - Blackfield II
I haven't picked up Blackfield II yet. How does it compare to the first one?
I recently got Fear of a Blank Planet but have yet to listen to it. Soon maybe.
Was Snakes and Arrows recorded any better than Vapor Trails, which was pretty much un-listenable.

Although I've probably bought more music this year than any other year I can remember, most all of it was not newly released. Just going back and getting discs I've always wanted but had never picked up before this year.

One new disc I did buy was Godfrey Townsend's "Easy Journey to Other Planets" which is quite reminiscent of some of classic rock's great guitarists. All instrumentals, all good.

Oh, and welcome Kyliefan001.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Was Snakes and Arrows recorded any better than Vapor Trails, which was pretty much un-listenable.
I haven't heard VT for comparison, but S&A is best described as "blaring". Any musical subtlety is obscured by relentless loudness resembling a wall of white noise.
I have read many references to the "loudness wars", but I do not hear its effects on most CDs. This was one of the few exceptions. This may mean that I am less sensitive to compression than a lot of listeners. If so, a CD where it bothers me must be really bad.:eek:

W

WayneC

Enthusiast
I'll vote for

Rush - Snakes and Arrows

Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

Patton Oswalt - Werewolves and Lollipops

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers