Best Bang for $200 Range

S

sddt

Audioholic
I am looking for the best receiver for around $200. My needs are simple:

-No Video processing necessary
-Need's to have at least 2 HDMI in's and one out for monitor
-best sound quality/wattage possible at this price point.
-willing to go with older model if necesary.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I am looking for the best receiver for around $200. My needs are simple:

-No Video processing necessary
-Need's to have at least 2 HDMI in's and one out for monitor
-best sound quality/wattage possible at this price point.
-willing to go with older model if necesary.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!:)
HK AVR 247 or 254 from the harmanaudio store on ebay.

Ignore the wattage ratings the amp is as powerful as an Onkyo 705.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Are you talking about the refurbished ones?
Yes. The issues were all from the previous firmware which sucked. Now they fixed it and I have no problems with blu-ray's. Now Cable boxes are a nightmare.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The best value in new receivers by far has to be the Pioneer VSX-517. It has 2 HDMI inputs that support audio which includes high resolution multichannel PCM which is pretty much all you need to take full advantage of Blu-ray's audio codecs. Pioneer's whole low end line now uses discrete output devices, which is a step up from the ICs they used to use. At this price point they are hard to beat.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Another vote for the refurbed HK 254. It has been selling when HK is offered $220 on eBay.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
I'm pretty certain that depends on which version of HDMI the receiver supports. My Pioneer Elite, for instance, supports HDMI 1.2, so, therefore, if I'm correct (and feel free to let me know if I'm not), it won't support the dts tru stuff or deep color stuff.

I don't mind the audio side as I can always use the analog outs from the Blu Ray player to the receiver.

But, what I don't believe I can get is the video... and, given that my tv will only do 1080i, it hardly seems worth upgrading to Blu Ray for me.

Besides, that little Oppo I have does a darn fine job of upping the image quality.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
The best value in new receivers by far has to be the Pioneer VSX-517. It has 2 HDMI inputs that support audio which includes high resolution multichannel PCM which is pretty much all you need to take full advantage of Blu-ray's audio codecs. Pioneer's whole low end line now uses discrete output devices, which is a step up from the ICs they used to use. At this price point they are hard to beat.
I agree with Seth=L, Pioneer receivers are available for $199 that are fully up to date.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
And I meant to type VSX-519 for anyone that was confused. Sorry for the error.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis