Best audiophile recordings of 2013,Top 3.

Fuego

Fuego

Enthusiast
these 3 recordings were nominated as ''best'' audiophile downloads of 2013 on the Naim forum.
I have downloaded all 3 and apart from the new Hd tracks download of Miles Davis ''Kind of Blue"(which of course is an old recording, but man this new re-master sounds good) I to my own surprise tends to agree with the selection.
What do you think?
What is your top 3

1; Carmen Gomes Inc:''Thosand Shades of Blue".Music Store

2.Doug Macleod;''There is a Time''Music Store

3 Keith Jarrett;''Somewhere''https://www.ecmrecords.com/

YourDhass

YourDhass

Audioholic Intern
Steven Wilson is an audiophile recording master. his latest album, The Raven that Refused to Sing, came out in 2013 and it is a frrreaking masterpiece. especially the last two tracks, zomg

top lists are subjective! the best and the worst thing about music. lol

connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
The best "full range" recording I have heard, is the one my wife made of me woodworking when I whacked my thumb with a mallet, and let out a "full blood curdling scream". YMMV

Fuego

Fuego

Enthusiast
Swept Away

This one is very good;

Eliane Elias/Marc Johnson; Swept Away

Swept Away sees the top-class quartet of pianist Eliane Elias, double-bassist Marc Johnson, drummer Joey Baron and saxophonist Joe Lovano commune over music that is engaging and sensual, lyrical and swinging. Brazilian-born star Elias previously joined ECM veterans Baron and Lovano on Johnson s 2005 ECM album, Shades of Jade, which reaped praise far and wide. The New York Times enthused over the luminescence created by the close partnership between Elias and Johnson, while The Village Voice said the album was shimmering yet its lusciousness has all sorts of tensile strength. The same words suit Swept Away, which includes a brace of melody-rich Elias compositions, ranging from the easy-flowing title track to the smoky romanticism of Be Is for Butterfly and after-hours vibe of It s Time. Johnsons brightly grooving, Eastern-tinged When the Sun Comes Up is another highlight, and the album closes with Johnson s solo bass treatment of the old American folk song Shenandoah. Swept Away is music of depth that is disarmingly easy to love.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's my Top 10 list of announces on the internet
1) Top 10 lists
2) People, whom promote top 10 lists
3) No direct links in post
4) Lack line breaks => Unreadable garbage which I would never read

Feel free to add 6 more...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com